Old School

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School

Well, I set my server to Old School yesterday to give it a try... It was kind of interesting.

The jumping ability was very nice, but it would encourage bunnyhopping. The fact that you can easily jump up on simple things which normally are difficult is very cool.

The Pick-up Kit idea is interesting, but not as well done as I'd prefer. On a lot of maps there are nice out-the-way places which would have been great places to put a valuable perk or weapon to pickup. They mostly are all out in the middle of the street (standard) and the perks are the most basic or most annoying ones available: Stopping Power, Last Stand & Martyrdom ONLY.

EDIT: From the Mod Tools:
    The available old-school perks are Double Tap, Juggernaut, Last Stand, Martyrdom, Sleight of Hand, and Stopping Power.
    Pickup attachments like grips, sights, silencers would have been better, too.

All ARs have M203s -- which also have 3 rounds -- and you have the ability to carry 4 grenades.

So, I'd have to say that Old School must be for someone else. :salute:

i have never ever come across an old school server once, and i pretty much join any random server with enough people, ive seen some vids on youtube of people jumping on old school mode to get to places easier but thats about it.

Comment

With all the kits and perks lying around it can become a rather whacky FFA.

Good for fun, but overplaying it just gets annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Micster View Post
        With all the kits and perks lying around it can become a rather whacky FFA.

Good for fun, but overplaying it just gets annoying.
        Yea, true that. I have yet to see, or have been on, an oldschool server...

I played it on the 360, but thats just about it.

Comment

I thoroughly hated the one time I tried it... it requires so little thinking to just run randomly and shoot whoever comes by.

Plus, the ones who win are usually the one's who constantly play every day to find every gun on every map.

Comment

Working...
          X