No announcement yet.

Want more ammunition without Bandolier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want more ammunition without Bandolier?

Hey guys, I just noticed something wierd a few days ago. Many of you probably know this but otherwise others should know this.

The other day I was playing with my MP5 'Kit' with an M9 for a backup weapon. When I noticed everytime I spawned I had 270 rounds instead of 180. Then I rememberd the MP5 uses 9mm ammo, the exact caliber as the M9 Beretta.

So you get the MP5 ammo (180) plus the M9 ammo (90). And we all know 180+90=270.

So if you have a kit, and your two weapons share ammo, you don't need the bandolier perk which can be replaced with many other useful explosive or counter-explosive perks.

Just thought this was something very interesting!

Anyways, this means you don't need bandolier if you got an MP5 kit, because without bandolier you get 90+15+45.

Brad

cept once you use all that ammo for your MP5 thats your lot

Comment

Code:
      Mp5                  = 3x  Mp5 mag     90 bullets
      Mp5 + M9             = 4x  Mp5 mag     120 bullets
      Mp5 + Bandolier      = 7x  Mp5 mag     210 bullets
      Mp5 + Bandolier + M9 = 10x Mp5 mag     300 bullets
      It can't really make up for Bandolier, but together with Bandolier it's great.

Comment

My "trick" for non-bandollier-more ammo is getting an overkill combo with weapons with the same bullet type, ie G36/M16, and such. It's another way of having common ammunition, two guns for different occasions, and getting another more useful perk.

Comment

Theres usually hundreds of AK-47's laying around, and it's a solid gun, so just pick up a kit when you run out of ammo.

Comment

with 5.56mm weapons enough people use them you can easily go around getting ammo for them off the floor

same with the AK, and MP5 most of the time

Comment

does m4 share any ammo?

Comment

Originally posted by donpale View Post
                does m4 share any ammo?
                the m16 and g36c

Comment

i use bandolier because i found my self without ammo at the worse possible time. although i suppose i could switch bandolier for a different perk since there are more people with all of the same guns i have or most. i started using bandolier when the game first came out beause there was barely any ammo for the guns i was using.

Comment

IMO, there isnt really a better perk in perk slot 1 than bandolier unless you are camping and setting up your clays or C4.

If you are running and gunning, i would always use bandolier.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Eliminator View Post
                      IMO, there isnt really a better perk in perk slot 1 than bandolier unless you are camping and setting up your clays or C4.

If you are running and gunning, i would always use bandolier.
                      Agreed. I only use the other perks when going for the challenges otherwise I'll just stick with Bandolier.

Comment

the only two maps i would switch bandolier for are pipeline, g3 pwns all with clays guarding me lol.

then wet work, the only map where nades > bullets in every situation, 3 blind nades pretty much = 4 kills at the least, then there is martyrdom for even more spam-ness...

i seriously dont know how people like wet work its the worst crappiest map ever...

Comment

Originally posted by Sanjurjo View Post
                          My "trick" for non-bandollier-more ammo is getting an overkill combo with weapons with the same bullet type, ie G36/M16, and such. It's another way of having common ammunition, two guns for different occasions, and getting another more useful perk.
                          Off Topic:
                          I need a girl of that in your avatar :shock::yay:

Comment

I noticed the OverKill posibility before but never found it useful. The M9 one is new and I will definitely add it to my MP5 class, especially since the gun still does the same damage up close, which is the only time I use my pistol.

Also yet another reason to use a 5.56mm weapon (M16, M4, G36) There is always ammo around. I actually do still take Bandoleer, just because too often I've been in that scenario of out of ammo on an awesome kill streak. That's TDM and Domination mind you. In S&D and Sabotage, I'll take less ammo to get Claymore's or 3x special.

Comment

Now we need a 5.56 pistol!

Comment

Working...
                              X