Team Fortress 2 Fog "bug"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Fortress 2 Fog "bug"

Hey folks, I'm trying to find out if anyone out there has been experiencing the same problem with Team Fortress 2.

While playing mostly on 2Fort there is a problem with fog appearing. Another problem that I am having is the textures also appear to get darker. Now keep in mind this does not stay this way. It will automatically fix itself after awhile but come back at a later time etc. When this began, the first issue I noticed was the textures getting darker. This made me think it was my LCD having a hardware malfunction but that turned out to not be the case. I was able to compare in-game screenshots so that means something crazy is going on with TF2.

I'm running the game at 1920x1200 with basically every setting maxed out. Right now since I am at work I cannot post the in-game settings that I'm using but I do have some photos already uploaded.

Here is one screenie of the bridge in 2Fort.

As you can see, there is fog but it is nowhere near as bad in the next screen shot.

This will suddenly appear out of nowhere!

I have tried the NVIDIA Forceware BETA drivers that were just released, problem occurs while using them. Yesterday I rolled back to the WHQL drivers on the NVIDIA web site and still I have it.

Now does anyone else who is reading have this same issue?

I haven't tried turning down all of my FSAA and AF, disabling vsync etc. to try and narrow down the cause of this.

I am running SLi 8800GT so another thing that I might test is to see whether or not SLi is the culprit here.

Any way, let me know if you have this issue. I will try and take it to the Steampowered forums tomorrow if I get a chance.

Have you tried playing at 800x660 with everything on low, no AA or Antiscropic Filtering? I doubt it has to do with in-game settings, but if its fine with 800x600 and all low slowly turn one thing up at a time to see which setting brings the fog with it.

Comment

Working...
    X