Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition freezing at EA Games Intro screen!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition freezing at EA Games Intro screen!!!!

Help!

Ok, I just got Battlefield 2: Deluxe Edition and I thought my computer met all the requirements, but apparently not!

Here is the problem: Installed fine. I start the game the screen goes black (while it loads) and then it moves on to the EA Games intro screen. The sound starts "EA Games!!! Challenge everything...". The sound stops about 3/4 through and and the screen freezes. I then have to ALT+CTRL+DELETE to get off the frozen screen.:shock:

Can anyone help me? I would really like to get the game working because it is obviously a very good game.

Here are my specs:

Windows XP
    Home Edition
    Version 2002
    Mobile AMD Athlon(tm) 64
    Processor 3000+
    1.80 GHz, 512 MB of Ram
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9600/9700 series

If you need any other specs just ask and tell me how to find them.

I can still return the game because I have the receipt by the way.

I did not download the patch yet, would that make a difference?

Also, I only have 68 Display memory instead of 128, is that a problem? Can I fix it?
    Thanks

Your mobility gfx could be the problem, but you can try:
    Installing the latest graphics drivers for your system: http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_ca...xp/mobility-xp
    Disabling the start-up movies: http://www.tweakguides.com/BF2_9.html

Comment

Ok, I downloaded and ran the catalyst but I got an error along these lines when I restarted my computer.
      Mom.Exe error.
      You need to install the following versions of .Net framework
      v2.0.50727

Should I install it?

I also removed the intro screen for BF2. I arrive at the menu scene where you pick single-player or multi-player. But, the background screen runs for a few seconds then everythign freezes and I cant click anything. My mouse can still move. Once again I have to Crtrl + Alt + Delete to get out of it. The music keeps running.

Thanks

Comment

If you need net framework get it. Its manily used in recent games.

PS Having only 512MB RAM will cause you to lag & stutter like feck with that system, if you can get it working.

I would really like to get the game working because it is obviously a very good game.
        Whoever told you that is lying, it used to be a good game, but is now full of ****s who all they want to do is get points for their damn ranks. If you wanta good game i suggest you download soem of the mods. POE2, FH2 & PR

Comment

Originally posted by Trevortt View Post
          Whoever told you that is lying, it used to be a good game, but is now full of ****s who all they want to do is get points for their damn ranks.
          Even with those types playing - its still a good game.

Comment

You might want to go to windows update and select custom and install .NET Framework and anything else that you might need.

Comment

Ok, I downloaded v.2 .Net and the v.3 .Net and I don't get the error anymore.
              But! Now I get a new error:

"The system cannot load or assemble MOM. Implementation
              Version = 2.0.290.39003 Culture = Neutral PublicKeyToken = 90ab9c70f846762e
              The system cannot find the file specified or one of its dependencies.

Does anyone know what this means? Can anyone help me?

Also, I tried running Battlefield 2 again after having installed the Retail v1.4 patch and having added the v.3 .Net, but I still get the same frozen screen (the select single player or multi-player screen where I can't click anything but the music is playing).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You!

Would the problem be fixed if I just got more RAM? How much would I need to get?

Comment

Working...
              X