Sniper accuracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper accuracy

Recently I've notice that even head shots using the scope don't kill on the first shot. Even hip shots that are dead on at close range are ineffective. I use either the M21 or Dragunov with the Stopping Power perk but it's getting frustrating.
    Any ideas?

Originally posted by PvtGomerPyle View Post
    Recently I've notice that even head shots using the scope don't kill on the first shot. Even hip shots that are dead on at close range are ineffective. I use either the M21 or Dragunov with the Stopping Power perk but it's getting frustrating.
    Any ideas?
    That's your problem right there...

Try with M40, R700 or .50 cal... You should start to get kills with those...

I personally avoid M21 and the SVD like the plague...

Comment

M21 and Dragunov are TONS better than that piece of junk you call the R700.

I find the M21 on full-spamming-semi more accurate than the R700.

Just hold your breath before you go around a corner or pop up, and use iron lungs. Keep practicing, and you'll get the hang of it.

Comment

I have both shooter and 75+headshots with the R700 first and the SVD next. Two Great rifles. I specially like the 700, and the power of the SVD... i don't consider the '700 a piece of crap.

Practice. It's my advice. Try to make a "only you" server, ie, start a new map w/out actually be on-line. Try the different sniper rifles. Fire at a target, then go and see the bullet holes group, etc. Try what suits you better, and start with that one.

Comment

It's not a matter of practice. I'm talking about Iron Lungs, Clear head shot and nothing. I've shot from 5 Ft away on semi and nothing. I understand 1.4 was suppose to clear up some weapons accuracy but this is stupid.
          I just thought others may be having the same problem and have some ideas other than practicing

Comment

You won't hit anything unless you hold your breath. Not even < 5 meters.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialz
              M21 and Dragunov are TONS better than that piece of junk you call the R700.

I find the M21 on full-spamming-semi more accurate than the R700.

Just hold your breath before you go around a corner or pop up, and use iron lungs. Keep practicing, and you'll get the hang of it.
              R700 has only 4 bullets per clip, and that is the reason i never use it..

Only reason i mentioned it, because it's bolt action...

Comment

Originally posted by PvtGomerPyle View Post
                Any ideas?
                Try a different server. Seriously
                I have played on servers where people seemed immune to the sniper rifles, then switched to another server and had a much better experience.

Comment

^^

Ping is big factor when it comes to sniping...

It needs some serious skill/luck to hit something with 130+ ping... Or hit someone who's ping is 250.

Try servers what has low ping.. That might help ya..

Comment

M21 + ACOG = No recoil auto sniper.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                      M21 + ACOG = No recoil auto sniper.
                      Barrett = "who cares about recoil, he and the house behind him is already dead"
                      I think what we are looking for in this case is a no-ping rifle instead of a no-recoil

Btw if you have issues like this, it often helps to record a demo and see what actually happened.

Comment

So true. Barret + ACOG is even more ownage.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
                          So true. Barret + ACOG is even more ownage.
                          ACOG is horrible on sniper rifles.

Comment

I think it depends on the 2 players ping. There has been plenty of times that i have had the .50 cal. with stopping power and the enemy did not die with a headshot. Doesnt happen often but it does

Comment

Working...
                            X