uninstall old motherboard drivers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uninstall old motherboard drivers?

hi guys i've been experiencing lag on several other games inculding bf2. I have a 8800GTX so i figure out that maybe i need a new cpu and motherboard. The cpu is the newest core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 3.0Ghz and motherboard is a new one too. I can't reinstall my windows xp(because i activate already) but when i use my new hardware do i need to uninstall the old motherboard drivers? how do you uninstall old motherboard drivers? or do i just install the new driver without uninstalling old?

plz reply

Reinstalling XP should not be a problem - you can always reactivate so long as you have registered the software. You can fit your new m/b with your current install. XP will use its default drivers and from there you can install the new drivers from you setup disk (which should come with your m/b). You may have to reboot a few times, but all should be OK.

Comment

QUOTE=The_Mad_MoShah;1833350]Reinstalling XP should not be a problem - you can always reactivate so long as you have registered the software. You can fit your new m/b with your current install. XP will use its default drivers and from there you can install the new drivers from you setup disk (which should come with your m/b). You may have to reboot a few times, but all should be OK.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. reactivate? I thought if you reinstall a new xp you have to activate with another cd key?
      But I'm going to use my existing windows xp. So If i use my new M/B,windows will switch back to defult drivers and i can install the motherboad driver from included cd. I suppose the drivers for the previous motherboard will deactivate?

Comment

From what I heard, if you change too much hardware you have to get it re-activated over the phone. So you may aswell do a fresh install.

Comment

When installing new hardware you should ALWAYS reformatt.

Comment

You don't have to have a new CD Key. You actually have a number of activations before you have to phone to reactivate. And yes the old drivers will not load.

Comment

Yes assuming of course your copy of XP isn't an OEM version which technically can only be used on one motherboard.

Comment

Originally posted by The Laughing Man View Post
                Yes assuming of course your copy of XP isn't an OEM version which technically can only be used on one motherboard.

This is not an issue YOU OWN the license! You can install it on any ONE machine you please.

Comment

Originally posted by freaktong
                  hi guys i've been experiencing lag on several other games inculding bf2. I have a 8800GTX so i figure out that maybe i need a new cpu and motherboard. The cpu is the newest core 2 Duo 3.0Ghz 3.0Ghz and motherboard is a new one too. I can't reinstall my windows xp(because i activate already) but when i use my new hardware do i need to uninstall the old motherboard drivers? how do you uninstall old motherboard drivers? or do i just install the new driver without uninstalling old?

plz reply
                  you cant install new mobo drivers without reformatting.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
                    you cant install new mobo drivers without reformatting.

Yes you can.

Originally posted by The_Mad_MoShah View Post
                    This is not an issue YOU OWN the license! You can install it on any ONE machine you please.

I may wrong on this one please read

Comment

Yes, it may be possible but it can degrade a PC's performance. I would always advise a clean reformat when changing hardware especially when swapping motherboard drivers.

Comment

Working...
                      X