Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need LAN help

I really need help.
    I want to play LAN games with my friends on my 2 pc's that are hooked up together. I know they're because i've played LAN on other games. I already looked at the other thread about this but when i input the IP address it says to check my connection. Any suggestions?

Have u gone and made a server in create game and with teh other comp have u gone 2 join server???
    cus when i lan (once) i didnt need the IP addy soo i think ur doing it the wrong way

Comment

When you say there "hooked up togather", do you have 2 ethernet cables going to a router/modem or to a HUB?

Comment

Yes, the 2 computers are connected each by ethernet cable to a Linksys Router. So how do I configure the BF2 software loaded on each computer to talk to each other so that I can network within the PCs?

Comment

Easiest way is to go into Multiplayer and click Create Local on the first PC, choose settings, add map and start server.
          On the second PC, go into Multiplayer and click Join Local, there should be 1 server available which is the one above.
          If the server doesn't appear, you may need to disable or configure your firewalls on both PC's and possibly the Linksys router firewall.

Comment

Are you sure you are both connected to the same workgroup? This often seems to be the problem when I play across a LAN with a friend.

To check press start and right click on My Computer and go to properties and it should show the workgroup under the 'Computer Name' tab.

Another thing is that the server doesn't appear until the player hosting the game has actually joined the game.

Comment

Working...
            X