sniper spots while prone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sniper spots while prone

After attempting to find a decent sniper spot for the prone challenge on all the maps, I have come to the conclusion that I am either very lame with the sniper rifles or I just haven't found the best locations yet. I seem to get killed very rapidly & revert bact to my more faithful set ups. Any suggestions for good locations on any maps would be very gratefully received.

Haha, to get the prone shot acheivement all you gotta do is dolphin dive.

Its what the pros do... :P

Comment

theres a spot i use now and then on crash,

small hill with a few tree's i will try to get a screen shot.

but i prone at the tree,and fire up the alley,had a few kills streaks of 10 there.

Comment

Originally posted by death-or-glory View Post
        After attempting to find a decent sniper spot for the prone challenge on all the maps, I have come to the conclusion that I am either very lame with the sniper rifles or I just haven't found the best locations yet. I seem to get killed very rapidly & revert bact to my more faithful set ups. Any suggestions for good locations on any maps would be very gratefully received.
        Hmm, i think i got the lst one w/o a sniper rifle kill, but i think that was a glitch

neways i used the m21 with the acog at the bog, get on the roof on the east side of the map (i think?)

mostly i didnt camp, i prone before i killed them in a direct confrontation

Comment

Go Overgrown on SAS or whatever that spawns near the building with the broken wall. Go to that room, go prone, snipe people trying to cross the bridge/counter snipe you. Only takes a couple rounds. =D

Comment

there is a particular challenge where you have to get kills whilst prone with the sniper rifle - can't think off the top of my head what it is called (something 'undetected?' - I would check but I am hard at work (as you can see)), I already have the other challenge with the kills when in prone position.

will give the Overgrown one a try - cheers for that

Comment

It is called "Invisible"

Comment

Crossfire as OpFor - The 2nd story of the building on the corner of the intersection

You may die a few times before you get it, but it allows you to be prone and kill a few if no one is keeping an eye on it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldGregg View Post
                  Crossfire as OpFor - The 2nd story of the building on the corner of the intersection

You may die a few times before you get it, but it allows you to be prone and kill a few if no one is keeping an eye on it.
                  That's a good one, stay to the front left corner where there's low wall you can hide behind for reloading and peek around for shooting.

On Bog, stay back near the chain link fence and go prone in the little ditch that goes all along the map. Or from Marine spawn go prone in the bush next to the wall you spawn behind.

Bloc, on the "B" side building (left side for Spets, right for SAS) go on the second floor over near the top of the stair where the Spets enter. The wall is completely gone there and you can be prone while seeing everything.

Also, you a Social D. fan?

Comment

cheers guys - i will give these spots a try later today.

''Also, you a Social D. fan?'' - The name 'death-or-glory' is what I have been using for online gaming since MOH Spearhead days. Blimey, that's going back a few years! I do like Social Distortion, but not heard that particular song.

Comment

I just sneak around whatever map with uav jammer and dead silence and when I find someone camping just go prone behind them.

Since I started using my first sniper rifle yesterday I've got a handful of kills. It is definitely not the fastest way to get prone kills though.

Comment

it took a lot longer to achieve that challenge then most others, game seems to reward crouching a lot more.

any way, try countdown (place where all the missile launchers are- not sure if its the right name played too many fpss with a similar setting/name)

or you could try backstreet/backlot (again not sure of name >_<)

finally you could try wet work and jump ontop of the crates then to the lower ones so you dont get counter sniped. you have to get onto the rails first, run along them then jump to the crates.

Comment

Originally posted by Verzili View Post
                          theres a spot i use now and then on crash,

small hill with a few tree's i will try to get a screen shot.

but i prone at the tree,and fire up the alley,had a few kills streaks of 10 there.
                          Yeah that is a really good spot, as long as you don't get flanked, considering you are totally exposed from the right side

I love that spot though...

Comment

Working...
                          X