This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrossKopf View Post
    I was wondering if there's a way to have my server detect what button is bound to fire, and if so, is there a way to kick players based on this. Maybe something in PB is able to do this?

I want to detect if someone has made their mouse wheel their fire key and kick for it.
    Tired of the G3 ownage? That might be the first step towards eliminating the use of scrollwheels and macros.

Originally posted by Mogul2 View Post
    That is so lame. Why ban for keybinds? If players want to use the scroll up for shooting... then let them. If CoD4 put the ability to do that in the game then it should be legal...
    Because it's an exploit. It's in the gray area, like macros that simulate mouse clicks or key presses: until IW or server admins fix this, I won't shy from using an autoclicker, like many others do. When they start cracking down on the people who do it, I'll happily stop, as the field will have been evened out.

Note that I don't actually have a G3 custom kit configured at the moment. If I were to make a kit with the G3, however, it would be with the full intention of using an AHK.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogul2 View Post
      That is so lame. Why ban for keybinds? If players want to use the scroll up for shooting... then let them. If CoD4 put the ability to do that in the game then it should be legal...
      I didn't want to BAN players for key binds. I just wanted to kick players that are exploiting by changing a semi-automatic to a fully automatic. Unfortunately, in the end, there is no way to do it. I just hope IW changes it so you can not bind fire to your mouse wheel.

Do me a favor guys. If you feel the need to discuss if this is right or wrong, DO NOT REPLY TO THIS THREAD. I am not here asking opinions and I could give a rat's *** if you disagree. I simply asked if it was possible. If you want to discuss if it's right or not, start your own ****ing thread. Don't hijack mine.

MODERATORS:

Can you please lock this thread? I got my answer. There is no way to detect and kick a player for using the mouse wheel to fire. This was confirmed by Even Balance. The closest I could come was logging what key was being used for fire, then looking through my PB logs.

I think that any further discussion will just be a bunch of ****ing trolls and won't contribute anything. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X