Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Teamwork points for Valorous or Meritorious Ribbon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Teamwork points for Valorous or Meritorious Ribbon?

I needed 40 for the Meritorious ribbon (don't have anywhere near enough squad leader hours for Valorous). Too bad because I ended up with 63 using this method. An easy way to get them is to play Suez Titan as EU in a round where Titans don't move. Make sure that you pick a Friendly Fire off server since you get penalized Teamwork points for team damage or teamkill (-3 for team kill!).

1). Run around as Support when the round opens capping as many silos as possible. Always throw down an Ammo hub so that Engineers laying mines will help themselves, as will Recon laying APMs/RDX. Always use a vehicle to get to the next cap because if you have the advanced hub, you resupply anyone else in the vehicle automatically.

2). If your team or the other starts making it difficult to grab silos (defending them too well, or your team grabbing them all leaving you with little to do while you wait for the opposition to get their act together), grab a PAC tank (hover tank) and head to the enemy Titan. This also works with an EU tank, but is much much easier with the PAC tanks. There is a ridge halfway between the closest flag and the Titan. When you head up the ridge, your tank is pointed perfectly at the enemy Titan guns. As far as I could see, it only takes 2 hits to destroy each one, and each one counts as 2 Teamwork points. Destroy all 4 for 8 teamwork points (and 20 points for Titan Attack pin). When the enemy repairs them, do it all over again for a total of 16 teamwork points. It is incredibly easy to avoid being killed because you can simply move sideways in the hovertank when the Titan guns fire back. Once you have killed 8 guns, stop doing it as you can only acquire a max of 16 points towards your ribbon by shooting Titan guns (and a max of 2 Titan attack pins).

3). Killing their guns usually makes the enemy try to take yours out. Spawn as Engineer back on your own Titan and wait for a teammate to sit in any chair or get a squadmate to do so. Repair that gun. You can acquire a further 16 teamwork points this way. As long as the enemy keeps damaging your guns, you are home free. That's 32 teamwork points via the Titan guns (yours and enemy's) and capping silos at the outset should have made Meritorious easy to get.

4). If you need more, head back to the field and cap silos until the end of the round. Or head to either your own corridor 1 or 2 and grenade spam defend by plunking an ammo kit at your feet. Teammates will come and help themselves, giving you as many teamwork points as you need.

Here is the breakdown (copied from this post http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=57616) :

Skilled-Base-Score:

Kill +1 points
    Destroy of Strategic Object +1 points
    Destroy Titan Weapon +2 points
    Destroy Titan Core +2 points
    Repair Titan Weapon +2 points

Team Score:

Kill Assist +0.5 point
    Driver Kill Assist +0.5 point
    Capture Flag +2 point
    Neutralize Flag +1 point
    Capture Flag Assist +1 point
    Defend Flag +1 point
    Revive (only Medic) +1 point
    Resupply (only Support) +1 point
    Repair (only Engineer) +1 point

Score Punishment:

Teamkill -3 points
    Suicide -2 points
    Team damage -1 points
    Team Vehicle Damage -1 point

DD.

Alternatively, if there are lots of people on the server and your Titan shields are down, defend the Titan as every kill you get on it results in +1 teamwork points as well. The same goes for kills with the titan guns.

Best way to do this is to camp the upper deck vents with RDX and APMs.

Comment

hmmm, two people that are advocating nade spamming and RDX camping, remind me to avoid.....!

Comment

Originally posted by x-dj
        hmmm, two people that are advocating nade spamming and RDX camping, remind me to avoid.....!
        :-)

I'm all ears if you have a better way to defend a Titan corridor.

However, it is not too difficult to break an RDX/grenade spam defense. You just need a single squad working together. A Recon runs in and drops an RDX at the entrance to the corridor. Usually you can do this without being seen so the defensive RDX does not get detonated. Even if the guy gets killed, he should be mostly sticking out of the corridor so is an easy revive. The grenade spammers are also usually behind the first two columns in corridor 1 or 2, so their grenades are going straight, and do not bounce out of the corridor, which means you are mostly safe for the moment. Blow the RDX, and that will take out all APMs and RDX lining the entrance. Have 2 squadmates ready with grenades to rush in as soon as the RDX blows. They will likely die by the spammers, but they should be able to get off their own grenades, which will kill the spammers, especially if your squadmates have their arms drawn back already so their grenades are immediately released. The rest of the squad should immediately rush in with guns drawn leaving one lone Assault behind to revive anyone killed. You can almost always catch the RDX camper running towards you with only an RDX in his hands for an easy kill, and a single grenade can take out any spammers camped around the ammo hub.

It works most of the time, and is really only countered if there are large numbers of defenders who can pick off squad members while they get ready to rush the corridor. But if that is the case, then leave the squad in place to keep the defenders busy, and have the rest of your team cap silos. The enemy can't be everywhere at once. Either they have a too powerful Titan defense, or a too weak Titan/silo attack, it is pretty hard to have both at the same time.

DD.

Comment

War is hell, and if you're doing this to get points towards your badges and ribbons and it's not a obvious stats padding way of doing it (enemy on other team for knife revive trick, or emp padding etc) - then I see no wrong with it. Sure it's tactically annoying, but there's nothing wrong with it, if you can't deal with it then maybe that's where the problem lies

Comment

Both are legit tactics... Especially the RDX Camping. RDX Bunny Hopping is cheap, and I don't endorse it, but camping with rdx... Its soooo easy to take out! A recon with RDX, a Support with Cheeseballs, an Engineer with Motion Mine bait... If the RDX is visible you can even use a Defuser or a Zeller. Nade spamming is somewhat cheap, but not TOO difficult to get around (assuming there is only one or two guys doing it... Any more than three and it becomes a wee bit more complicated). Besides, if you are attacking a titan when going against an "Impossible Defense", then you aren't a very good team player... Smart thing to do would be to cap silos and simple wait for all the nade spamming bastards to go down with their ship.

On topic, I get mine (I have gotten it twice) by capping silos on Suez. Same thing with Gold Stars on Titan Mode (for that medal)... A bit of titan gun repairing too, but I normally play on Titan Movement off servers, so I normally just grab the 16 Red-to-Green score and then move on. I don't defend often, unless my team is all on the ground (or attacking an impossible defense ). Getting 55 Teamwork Score is a wee bit difficult to do when defending anyway... Silos are much faster.

EDIT: BTW, I normally play as recon when capping silos. Leave behind some APMs, Silo Defense score is another +1 TW!

Comment

Originally posted by Dare978Devil
              3). Killing their guns usually makes the enemy try to take yours out. Spawn as Engineer back on your own Titan and wait for a teammate to sit in any chair or get a squadmate to do so. Repair that gun. You can acquire a further 16 teamwork points this way. As long as the enemy keeps damaging your guns, you are home free. That's 32 teamwork points via the Titan guns (yours and enemy's) and capping silos at the outset should have made Meritorious easy to get.
              I played the titan guns during May (fairly boring after awhile but it can be a fun way to spend commander time in titan games)....So between commanding shifts I would stay in the guns for the heck of it and its the easiest way to get the 55+ teamwork points. Here's a couple things you can do:

-For every person you kill from the guns you will receive 1 teamwork point and 1 kill point.
              -If you wait to kill people until they're at silos then you'll receive an added silo defense teamwork point (if there's a transport landing you can easily chalk up an easy 8+ teamwork points).
              -People start trying to take out your titan guns when they become annoyed so you'll receive 2 teamwork points for bringing a titan gun back online (there's a cool down between bringing them back online for the points and a max of 16 teamwork points in a single round).
              -Repair the titan guns until they just come back online then wait until someone pops into one for unlimited repair points in the game.
              -When the shields go down you can pod onto the back of your titan to defend it and personally I find it better to defend from the top of the titan with an assault gun along with being assault or support will grant you additional teamwork points.
              -If you're on a team thats dominating wait to switch to the other team which shouldn't be hard to do.

Doing that method will most likely bring down your w/l so you should be aware of that.

Personally though I got the ribbon by running around in a 64-man Gibraltar as an assault person. Hanging back with the newer guys....waiting for them to die then reviving them along with raking up a lot of healing points from them. Also when you come upon a body pick up the kit and take out the ammo boxes and health packs for additional teamwork points. If you go that way don't pay too much attention to trying to get kills except when you're in immediate danger of being attacked by them.

Comment

Working...
              X