• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 failed to connect

AMD phenom 9500 quad core
    3gb ram
    windows vista
    nvidia 8500gt

Ok heres whats happening, i can get all the way to the multiplayer server list but when i hit join server it cant connect and then my internet goes down altogether ( no browser etc) Also I always start it in administator in windows xp sp2 compat mode

Im using a cable modem + router and my pc is hooked directly into the router. Last night I upgraded the router firmware, updated punkbuster and gamespy arcade.

I made sure i disabled VOIP as well, as I heard that can cause issues if no mic is connected.

It will connect every once in a while and when it does it doesnt disconnect, but last night i was unable to connect to any servers even after trying all of the above.

What am I missing here? any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Banjo, I don't know what the problem is but I'm guessing it may be a firewall issue of some kind ?

This is a long shot but I've recently been using Qtracker to list the BF2 servers, it seems to find lower ping servers compared to the browser built into BF2 and once you select 'Connect', it launches the game and connects without any more interaction until you get to the in game 'join' button. You can use it for free or register it (I use the freebie).

Anyway, if you give it try you may just get lucky ? Make sure that if you have a software firewall on you pooter, Qtracker is allowed/trusted.

Let us know if it works for you.

Qtracker is an Internet/LAN game and MP3 server browser. If you want to find places to play your favorite games, look no further. You can also use Qtracker to administer your game servers, and generate HTML or PHP server listings.

Comment

Ok thanks, I will try that tonight. :nod:

Update: I should also mention that I only have this issue on BF2 and all other online games work fine with low ping.

When I go to multiplayer it finds about 2000 servers and then hangs up, doesnt finish finding them. I then have to click stop update, and when i join a server i get the failed to connect check network etc.

I plugged my modem straight into the machine and it finished finding servers 3000+ and was able to join every game i clicked on.

Router problem methinks?

I just dont know much about routers

Comment

Working...
      X