Dawn of War: Soulstorm Demo Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawn of War: Soulstorm Demo Released

A demo of Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Soulstorm is now available.

Featuring an extensive interplanetary campaign spanning an entire star system in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm introduces two all-new factions for an unprecedented total of nine playable races. The game also introduces air units and provides multiplayer achievements.

New Races: The Dark Eldar and Sisters of Battle join the fight!
    New Units: New units for every army in the game!
    New Campaign: Investigate and conquer a mysterious star system ravaged by a powerful warp storm!
    Soulstorm Intro
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cit8aGfMpuM[/MEDIA]

Readme

INSTALLATION & SET UP

Please note that Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - SOULSTORM is a stand-alone expansion pack. You do not need to have Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War installed on your system in order to install and play SOULSTORM. However, if you have Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War or both Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault installed, you will unlock more multiplayer features in Soulstorm.

Please note that Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - SOULSTORM does not support Microsoft® Windows® 95, 98, NT, ME, or Vista.

1. SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

MINIMUM

Windows® 2000/XP

DirectX® 9.0c (included on disc)

2.0 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 or equivalent AMD® Athlon XP processor

512 MB RAM (required for 8-player multiplayer games)

4.0 GB free hard drive space for installation

4x CD-ROM

64 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible AGP video card with Hardware Transform and Lighting

DirectX® 9.0c compatible 16-bit sound card

Keyboard, Mouse

RECOMMENDED

2.4 GHz Intel® Pentium 4 or equivalent

512 MB System RAM (required for 8-player multiplayer games)

NVIDIA® GeForce 3 or equivalent with 64 MB of Video RAM.

Sound Blaster® X-Fi™

REQUIRED FOR MULTIPLAYER

1 disc/player per computer

Internet: Broadband, or 56k connection for online multiplayer play

Network: TCP/IP compliant network
    Mirrors
    FilePlanet
    Computer Games.ro
    Gamershell
    WorthPlaying
    Internode
    AusGamers

Torrents
    Gameupdates.org

Source
    RelicNews Community Forums

I have to say, that's a pretty sad intro...

Comment

Title sounds like a rip of Frontlines: Fuel of War

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan View Post
        Title sounds like a rip of Frontlines: Fuel of War
        You mean the format of word: word?

Seems to be a popular format which has been around longer than when frontlines was announced.

And I will definitely be getting this. I love the diversity of the 7 races so far so an 8th one plus new units will keep me a fan of the warhammer series.

Comment

"Please note that Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - SOULSTORM is a stand-alone expansion pack. You do not need to have Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War installed on your system in order to install and play SOULSTORM. However, if you have Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War or both Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault installed, you will unlock more multiplayer features in Soulstorm."

Can anyone expand further on this?

Comment

If you only have Soulstorm installed, you will only be able to play as the Dark Eldar & Sisters of Battle in online play (in singleplayer you can play as all 9 races).

For example:
            Soul Storm = Dark Eldar & Sisters of Battle.
            Dark Crusade + Soul Storm = Tau Empire, Necrons, Dark Eldar & Sisters of Battle.
            Dawn of War + Soul Storm = Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, Orks, Dark Eldar & Sisters of Battle.
            Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Soul Storm = Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, Orks, Dark Eldar & Sisters of Battle.
            Dawn of War + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade + Soul Storm = Tau Empire, Necrons, Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Chaos, Eldar, Orks, Dark Eldar & Sisters of Battle.

Comment

Originally posted by Optiqk View Post
              "Please note that Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - SOULSTORM is a stand-alone expansion pack. You do not need to have Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War installed on your system in order to install and play SOULSTORM. However, if you have Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War or both Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War: Winter Assault installed, you will unlock more multiplayer features in Soulstorm."

Can anyone expand further on this?
              If you have the cd key for winter assault and/or dark crusade, you can use those armies in multiplayer. But you can use all the armies in singleplayer.

Comment

Been a long time since i last played DoW but that trailer was shocking!

Comment

That was awful... half of it was adverts FFS. Makes me glad I jumped off the sinking GW ship a couple of years ago.

Comment

Finally! Wewt!

Comment

Working...
                    X