Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ISSUE] Favorites game servers list gone

Hello guys,
    Yesterday night my computer came to crash and seems that my favorites serverlist is now empty** :hmm:

I think it's gone forever isn't it ?* :cry:
    Anyone ever get the same issue, where would it come from, and how to save that list elsewhere ?

we had a favorite server list ?!??! never knew that

Comment

Hmmm, yours looks corrupt.

You can TRY running checkdisk on your harddrive and maybe it will correct it, but personally, I think its gone.

Before running checkdisk, backup your profile on another harddrive or burn it to CD or a USB key.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thanks Crunch,
        Ok so it means crash corrupted my favorite server list file...
        How could it happen if crash wasn't when saving it ? I mean game doesn't reach it ingame, does it ?

Strange indeed, what I want to know now is in wich file is that list stored so I can in the future make a backup of it ?

Comment

Thats a good question. I will have to find out. I recently built a new machine and when I moved my profile over, my favorites were not there, so its not in your profile.

Crunch

Comment

Just noticed,
            I can't remove those 00000 in the list, when I hit Delete bar, it does nothing...
            Sure I can live with it but I'd prefer removing'em.
            ^^

Comment

Re: [ISSUE] Favorites game servers list gone

Any news about a possibility of saving your favorites.
              It's my second COD install and again after many pc crashes, my favorites changed to 000000...
              Because I'm lazy to install the game again, my 00000 list is going bigger and bigger...
              :dead:

Comment

Re: [ISSUE] Favorites game servers list gone

Yes, I found someone else with the problem. What you need to do is right down your favorites that you DO have then close the game. In the main CoD4 folder where it is installed, there is a file called "servercache". Delete it and then run your game. The game will create another one and you can then save your favorites again.

Crunch

Comment

Working...
                X