Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiplayer goes unbelievably slow - even before I join a server???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer goes unbelievably slow - even before I join a server???

Hi,

Finished the single player - loved it.....time to test my skills against you lot...well I hit a big problem. As soon as I load up the multiplayer version everything runs super slow. Even selecting "join server" is tough as I move my mouse and 2 seconds later the pointer actually moves - weird! Its like the CPU is swamped with something else. (Tried Task Manager and nothign except IW3MP.exe taking up much resources)

I stuck with it and joined a server - took absolutely blimmin ages - and suprise suprise the game ran ridiculously slowly - completely and utterly un-playable.

Now I know my rig can play this game and my internet connection has been fine on everything I already played (CS Source, BF2, WOW, etc) can any of you guys think what my problem is?

My Rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo - 6600 (2x 2.4GHz)
    RAM - 2 Gig (Corsair Dominator DDR2 800MHz)
    GPU - GeForce 8800GTX
    Internet - 2 Meg line

I turned off my Yoggie AntiVirus stick, my firewall, Skype - everything. Dropped the setting to optimal then dropped it further to lowest poss settings. I updated with the 1.4 patch, I updated Punk Buster. I'm at a loss what else can I do?

Please TotalGamingNetwork you're my only hope.

Thanks for reading!!

Can you check memory usage whilst playing please.

Comment

Hi - When I load it up and I'm in menu - so I haven't selected a server yet - the COD file shows 330MB usage everything else running (just windows background stuff and a few other small bits) probably adds up to another 140MB.

I just also put another 1GB stick of 800Mhz COrsair RAM so I've now got 3 GB of it.

It runs a little better the intro screen is now usable but is sometime quite jittery (i.e. mouse is only responsive periodically). In game it is still very poor but a little better. When in game the RAM usage goes up to about 550MB for the game - so I've got plenty left...

Comment

I have the same problem!!!!! this is a post that I just made:

Hi

I'm having a problem with this game only in the multiplayer mode. My computer specs are:

Intel E6750 2.66 ghz
        2 gb OCZ 1066 mhz
        Asus p5k-e mobo
        ATi Radeon HD3870

The thing is that the singleplayer mode runs PERFECTLY with almost all settings in high and I get really really great performance, however in multiplayer mode it is terrible, everything runs choppy and it is very difficult to even move the mouse in the menu. From the menu to the map is slow, very slow (like 2 fps). I tried changing the priority for the process to high and that worked but that's an annoying workaround. I would like to fix it for good but couldn't find any info on this.

So, singleplayer works perfect and multiplayer works like bleep and I have a powerful enough PC to run everything on high.

Please help!!!
        I tried the same as you with no results at all. I even reinstalled the game. Now I was thinking of reinstalling windows but maybe it's a little too extreme. I'm sure my computer can handle this game as I played singleplayer with all settings at maximum.

For now the solution I found is to give the process high priority but it is a PITA

Comment

Originally posted by Riskymove
          Hi - When I load it up and I'm in menu - so I haven't selected a server yet - the COD file shows 330MB usage everything else running (just windows background stuff and a few other small bits) probably adds up to another 140MB.

I just also put another 1GB stick of 800Mhz COrsair RAM so I've now got 3 GB of it.

It runs a little better the intro screen is now usable but is sometime quite jittery (i.e. mouse is only responsive periodically). In game it is still very poor but a little better. When in game the RAM usage goes up to about 550MB for the game - so I've got plenty left...
          Check your virtual memory as well,coz i know that mines uses about 1.15gb (total) when im playing the game,and i got 4gb ram.
          I just checked just now and got a suprise to see that iexplorer is using 131,388K and this is the only page open!
          Explorer is using 101,604K
          Their seems to be a memory leak somewhere,just out of curiosity, can some of you other guys check and see how much memory those two programs are using when the game is running.

Comment

Working...
          X