Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invald CD-key Fix, is not fixing :( please help

Hi Chaps

I search the forums for other ppl who might of had my problem, and low and behold there it was :-

click the + on "my computer" then click the plus on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", now click the plus on "SOFTWARE", a whole list will now reveal itself, you will need to locate on this list, "Electronic Arts" and click the +, then click the + on "EA Games" which shows in the sub-directory of "Electronic Arts", now click the + on "Battlefield 2", now two final folders should appear under "Battlefield 2", called "ergc" and "wdc", double click on ergc and now on the right hand side of the screen is your CDkey, or just "x9392", you need to click were it says "(Default)" and then right click, and then select Modify.

now you need to enter x9392YOURCDKEY, then click ok.
    here is an example. x9392N1AJD7RBAT2HCGR4G0TT

I have 2 PCs hooked up through a wired Sparkcom router, windows firewall active. I have my authentic BF2 on the server, and my mate has his authentic BF2 loaded on the other pc.

Problem occurs if one of us is in a game, and the other tries to join - the infamous message " Invalid cd-key" pops up.

Ok, when i go to the registery, in the "ergc" folder is a very long string of letters/numbers. At the very start of this string, it starts off with : x939201000000.

Now, do i put the x9392 in front of the x939201000000 to then read x9392x939201000000 ?

Well, this is what I did, and upon connecting to the server, it told me "invalid cd key" straight away. Seems to have made things a tad worse !

Any help mucho appreciated.

No, no.

There will be a load of random numbers after the x9392, delete EVERYTHING after that first x9392 then type in your cd-key from your BF2 dvd case, without dashes.

Comment

Originally posted by camper. View Post
      No, no.

There will be a load of random numbers after the x9392, delete EVERYTHING after that first x9392 then type in your cd-key from your BF2 dvd case, without dashes.
      Hi, I have the "complete batlefield collection" version of the game. I cannot see a cd-key on the case. I have 3 "serial numbers" on the back of the manual, BF2 serial, SF serial & booster pack serial.

Im thinking its the first one the Bf2 key i need ?

ps. thanks, i is noob !

Comment

Are you joining an Armored Fury or Euro Force map/server? Because, if I remember correctly I think I have the same problem and never bothered to fix it. Though, for me I received some crap like that for Euro Forces, not sure if I still receive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slawek View Post
          Are you joining an Armored Fury or Euro Force map/server? Because, if I remember correctly I think I have the same problem and never bothered to fix it. Though, for me I received some crap like that for Euro Forces, not sure if I still receive it.
          Just normal servers !

Originally posted by camper. View Post
          No, no.

Thank you - its working perfect now

Comment

I have the same problem..."Your CD key is not valid". I followed the instructions given, deleted everything after x9392 and typed in the CD key for Battlefield 2. I don't know if the numbers are case sensitive or not but I just typed them in in lower case. I have not played BF2 in a month or two and this problem just cropped up today. Also, my password is not remembered even though I have checked "remember my password". Is this because I can't get beyong the "no CD" screen?

Please help. I have the latest patches installed. I also have the BF2 expansion pack: Special Forces pack installed. I did NOT modify the registry entry for that one so I am not sure if it will play or not. I will try it.

Comment

Why don't you just reinstall it. It takes 10 minutes to install, 15 to 20 to patch. Not a big deal. In the time spent searching for a fix, you could have already fixed it. Oh, by the way, don't apply all the patches, just 1.41. This isn't WoW.

Comment

Working...
              X