Project Reality x1950pro stuttering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JamesPatison View Post
    Ok So I got 4gbs of RAM now, I haven't tested it with PR yet but I have another problem before I do that. My 4gbs of RAM on Vista shows up as 3.25gb.

Does anyone know why??!!
    where are you seeing that info at?

use the cpuz see what it says. It could jsut be the OS , im not real familliar with vista but xp is like that ,if you have 4gb ram it wont reckonize all of it. i dono why ,alex told me once but my old friggin brain cant retain much new info.:shakehead

Comment

He probably has got 32 bit vista...

Comment

Physical RAM for 32bit Vista Business is 4gigs. The following articles/discussions will explain why you only have 3.2gigs available (doe to pci-e/virtual ram/etc issues) Due to these issues, I wonder how much of the prior 2gigs you were losing to these same things?

Read that Vista x86 support site that it supports 4GB of RAM - which is the limit of the x86 platform. Yet on my Core 2 Duo running on an Intel DG965 board the detected RAM in Vista is 3.2GB :huh: Installing Vista x64 reports full 4GB RAM in Vista. :| Why would Vista x86 that supposedly supports ...

Comment

Meh, I'll just have to accept the limitations of 32bit Vista. Sigh.

Oh and I tested Project reality at Medium settings and it seemed to work fine, but it was on a 16 play map so I'll do more extensive testing next time.

EditL: OK, I tested it on a large map, works fine.

Comment

Manually update your PB files and clear out your BF2 cache and try again.

Comment

Working...
            X