What you want to see in v0.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you want to see in v0.8

First off, let me say, this isn't a place to bash PR. It's to suggest things for the next release.

Secondly, 0.7 was pretty damn good.

I'd just like to see the new Muttrah added and thats it.

How about an army vs army mode

5000 tickets per side, instant spawn, CPs littered over the place like in 0.5 based on what territory you control, jack up the damage so the A10 and Apaches can actually mess things up instead of scratching them slightly, etc, etc. A pipe dream but that's a fair bit closer to full scale war between two huge and well-trained factions (why do MEC get the junk-looking crap anyway? I can understand Insurgents having to deal with POS equipment but an army like that...). What PR does is take a tactical close combat FPS and try to apply it to the large scale and that's not really great.

In any case Muttrah would be great, was my favourite map and I don't see what was wrong with it in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by camper. View Post

5000 tickets per side, instant spawn, CPs littered over the place like in 0.5 based on what territory you control...
      Base camping and spawning camping... No...

Comment

street mapp back, mini back. rest is perfect

Comment

Originally posted by camper. View Post

Dont we have those already?

(why do MEC get the junk-looking crap anyway? I can understand Insurgents having to deal with POS equipment but an army like that...).
          Junk looking crap?! T90 kicks Abrams ***, G3 kicks M16's *** even now it has massive recoil. Frogfoot is a damn great CAS jet. The MEC APC kicks LAV's ***.

Oh and the Tunguska is a beast. It eats APC's in 3-5 seconds

Originally posted by JustMe0171 View Post
          street mapp back, mini back. rest is perfect
          Noooooo!!! Nevah!

Comment

L22A2 for British crewmen!! . And the SUV!

PS - L85A1/L86A1 cocking animation is incorrect, the cocking of the rifle is done with the left hand over the top of the rifle, but as its an animation I'm guessing thats practically impossible right? And me being picky .

Comment

^^You could always post that in their suggestion forums

Comment

Looked about the forums concerning the L22A2 and it seems it has been posted over there quite a few times .

The SUV im sure evaporated for a reason.

And from what I understand they have some members that have a military background in the UK Armed forces so im sure they would know about the cocking of the rifle, unless they are ancient were more acquainted with the SLR. :-P

But I guess if someone wanted to they could mention this to them again!!

Comment

Originally posted by youm0nt View Post
                  Base camping and spawning camping... No...

I wonder if you played PR 0.5, it was almost impossible to baserape the Insurgents in Basrah because there were so many spawnpoints.

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                  Don't we have those already?

Junk looking crap?! T90 kicks Abrams ***, G3 kicks M16's *** even now it has massive recoil. Frogfoot is a damn great CAS jet. The MEC APC kicks LAV's ***.

Oh and the Tunguska is a beast. It eats APC's in 3-5 seconds

Noooooo!!! Nevah!
                  No we don't have anything remotely close to two armies duking it, two fire teams maybe. The scale of BF2's battles are retardedly off, and firefights tend to be 1v1 unless you're playing IO Karkand which, well...

Sure, the G3 and T90 and a few other things are nice. That doesn't change the fact that the rest of their equipment is a pile of **** compared to what the USA and now Britain is getting. It's not as bad as AIX where the USA have the cream of the crop and the other sides may as well be flying crop dusters, but it's bad.

The mini-map is no great loss, and the Street map can die in a ****ing fire, it reeked of IO Karkand all the way. If I want Karkand, I'll play Karkand, not a "reality mode" version where it takes 30 seconds to spawn, has just as many nades spammed, and you die from the slightest scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by camper.

Sure, the G3 and T90 and a few other things are nice. That doesn't change the fact that the rest of their equipment is a pile of **** compared to what the USA and now Britain is getting.
                    Like what...? I seriously cant find anything the USMC or Brits have that is better than MEC...

Originally posted by camper.

No we don't have anything remotely close to two armies duking it, two fire teams maybe. The scale of BF2's battles are retardedly off, and firefights tend to be 1v1 unless you're playing IO Karkand which, well...
                    For that we would need more players on a server wich is unfortunately impossible with the Bf2 engine :/

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse View Post
                      And from what I understand they have some members that have a military background in the UK Armed forces so im sure they would know about the cocking of the rifle, unless they are ancient were more acquainted with the SLR. :-P
                      all there military advisers are current serving, just animation (from what i understand) isnt a easy thing to learn, like modelling and skinning in comparison it needs to be learned at college or uni

on topic; i want to see better suppression effects, like FH2

What PR does is take a tactical close combat FPS and try to apply it to the large scale and that's not really great.
                      bf2 is a large scale combined arms game, not tactical close combat FPS...

Comment

0.7 is pretty awesome. there just needs to be more spawn points so you can get into the action faster. i hate how Sls dont leave rally points and theo nly place i can spanw is at teh main base

plus..other than that all i want is muttrah and better USMC skins. the marpat is bland and looks stretched...0.6 looked better.

and i just remembered..mortars!!! i thought they were coming in 0.7 but i was wrong. but i can see them get abused

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                          0.7 is pretty awesome. there just needs to be more spawn points so you can get into the action faster. i hate how Sls dont leave rally points and theo nly place i can spanw is at teh main base
                          I think the way it is set up in this respect is a PR trademark! - The idea behind it is to force teamwork, yea its a pitty you get some people that either haven't got the grasp of the game style or whatever that dont put the rally points down/command posts but you can always give them the hint .

Comment

Basically the whole idea behind removing the SL spawn is to make the game less spammy and give organized squads a huge advantage. In 0.6 you could have a SL who was partly asleep, all he had to do is to stay alive so ppl could spawn on him. This doesnt work anymore and im damn glad it doesnt

Comment

fix all the crosshairs on scopes...the ironsights too....and keep the minimap gone...isnt very realistic anyways

also let people spawn as snipers....its ****ing GAY not being able to be a sniper having that lame *** HQ thing tell me the kits have been given out...

Comment

Working...
                              X