No announcement yet.

No Sound From Microphone Whilst Ingame!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Sound From Microphone Whilst Ingame!

I just purchased a headset (headphones + microphone) so that I could talk to other people whilst playing BF2 but it doesn't seem to be working properly.

I plugged it in & I can hear the sound perfectly through the headphones plus the microphone is working perfectly when I test it using the ingame "Microphone Threshold Test".

The thing is, when I'm ingame I can't hear myself through the microphone & when I play LAN with my brother he can't hear me either. At first we were on opposing sides and thought that the reason we couldn't hear each other was because we needed to be on the same team. So we joined the same team & still when I hold down either "V" or "B" we can't hear a thing from the microphone.

Why is it that the microphone would work perfectly in the Threshold Test but not ingame?

Anyway, my audio settings are attached in the form of a screenshot below incase you needed to know.

I'd really like to get this mic problem working as I've never used a mic before with BF2 and know I'm probably doing something wrong but don't know what.

Thanks.

I have a simular problem, but in the reverse order... There is no threshold peak, but it works ingame ?!?!?

Comment

You didn't say whether you and your brother did it (or in game for that matter), but the in-game VOIP only works if you're in a squad (B), or commander (V to talk back and forth between commander and squad leaders).

And then you also need to be on a server that has VOIP enabled, and even then it can be hit or miss on some servers whether it even works properly.

Comment

Well he creates a local server & I join it but there's no option to enable or disable VOIP in the setup local server screen.

Comment

Working...
        X