Keep my rank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keep my rank?

I got a new comp and was wondering if I can save my rank on my old comp, and put it on my new comp.

I hear the the file mpdata in call of duty 4\players\profiles\<username> is the encrypted version of your data.
    You could try copying it to your new computer

Comment

^^^^^Worked for me when I reformatted and reinstalled windows

Comment

Originally posted by =COP= Curly View Post
        I got a new comp and was wondering if I can save my rank on my old comp, and put it on my new comp.
        Yes, copy the entire .../player/profiles folder to a flash drive or burn it to a disc, then paste it into the proper location when you get your new PC. This will save both your SP progress, as well as your MP ranks. It is thought that only the "mpdata" file is needed to save your MP info, but some people have gotten errors with it, and hence it's safer to do the entire folder instead.

Comment

theres a sticky on it.

Comment

Unfortunately, my comp blew up (literally, not sure how) a few days before Christmas. I was unable to save anything on the hard drive, so now I'm demised to start all over...makes for a sad panda

Comment

Originally posted by sp44z
              Unfortunately, my comp blew up (literally, not sure how) a few days before Christmas. I was unable to save anything on the hard drive, so now I'm demised to start all over...makes for a sad panda
              If your hard drive didn't get taken out, it's easy to just buy an external enclosure for it and use it to not only get your info, but had an external device to back files up to.

Comment

The system doesn't even store your rank in an account? What prevents people from uploading uber stat level 55 game saves to the Internet?

Comment

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

Comment

Copy your Username folder, beware.. Buddy of mined got his stuff reset, so strange. I suggest backing up everyweek.

Comment

Originally posted by coolbho3000 View Post
                      The system doesn't even store your rank in an account? What prevents people from uploading uber stat level 55 game saves to the Internet?
                      Save files are tied to individual disc install keys - if the key you're using doesnt match the one in the save file, it won't work.

Besides, even if people want to take a shortcut, it's pretty pointless. The guns and stuff unlocked later on helps a bit, but won't make you a supersoldier. Half the fun of the game is progressing along and completing the different challenges. For an average gamer, it takes less than 50 hrs of playing time to reach lvl 55 anyway.

Comment

Backup your mpdata file located in C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<profile_name> and providing you use the same CD key then you rank will load up .

As Whiskey said, copy your whole profile and youll save the time of reconfiguring the game.

Comment

Thanks. Sorry I didn't check support for a sticky. I''ll try that pretty soon here.

Comment

Working...
                          X