Death Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death Cam

I was randomly clicking around today after I died, and I stumbled across something... I've played for almost 800 hours and never noticed this so I'm sure some of you out there will be in the same boat and won't have noticed either.

After you die (you must be unrevivable, as in looking at yourself in third person), if you press C (or whatever key you use to change perspective), you can actually cycle through watching other players on your team. Most other FPSes do this with the spacebar, but yah. I haven't really found any strategic value in it, but it's a fun little bit to know.

Some servers have this disabled also .

Another random tip, if the map appears for you to select a new spawn point and you press the 'X' in the top right of the display the map will close and wait for you to open it manually rather than re-openning itself after a few seconds .

Comment

Yeah i knew about this, and it can be used to warn ur players about things they may not see.

Comment

never knew it as i (try to)dodge ATmisseles and in a walker i usually escape from death. and i dont use vehicles most of the time(mostly never in a round) and never tried to press the switch camera button. nearly forgot what one it was cuz i never play titan/non city maps and i only use 1th person view in vehicles(except gunship). will use it for my clan. its a nice way to trap people. if someone broke through the lines just go in death cam and you will find him. its also nasty against snipers.

Comment

Originally posted by sempf View Post
          never knew it as i (try to)dodge ATmisseles and in a walker i usually escape from death. and i dont use vehicles most of the time(mostly never in a round) and never tried to press the switch camera button. nearly forgot what one it was cuz i never play titan/non city maps and i only use 1th person view in vehicles(except gunship). will use it for my clan. its a nice way to trap people. if someone broke through the lines just go in death cam and you will find him. its also nasty against snipers.
          I believe this is only for watching allied players...

Comment

It is. It's very nice for spectating players who you may think are doing something fishy (like glitching inside a building). Provides totally irrefutable proof.

Comment

^^knew that from BF2 but the servers that i normally go on disable that

Comment

A few more tips for ya:

When you are waiting for the count down to respawn, you can move your camera around to scout the area by using your direction keys that you use to move your player.

On recon, you can use your gruber stabalizer scope on the Lambert to get long range shots, it works the same on the sniper rifle zoom(I was told zoom doesn't work anymore on lambert after 1.4) and stabalize when you press the sprint key.

Comment

Working...
                X