COD4 Godmode Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 Godmode Bug

I joined a public server yesterday and found after going 18-0 and ran out of ammunition that something weird was going on. I couldn't pickup guns, I was taking a fair amount of hits and not dying, so I let one guy empty an entire clip into me and realized I should fraps what is going on.

The whole while I wasn't getting credit for kill streaks, I never got the option to use UAVs Airstrikes or a Helicopter. It was like I wasn't even technically 'in' the server. I don't know how this bug happened, but it did, and here is my evidence of it. All I'm saying is, you may want to look into it because it's obviously a problem. I've played this game for 4 days and 4+ hours total time so the likeliness of this happening again works out to about 1/600 chance if you average 10 minutes a map. Nobody I've talked to has found evidence of this bug outside of some beta discussion so the likelihood of this happening again is more or less 1 in a million.

Please comment if this happened to you but you weren't lucky enough to fraps it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXVwfpO033k

ive never seen it happen.

Wow that was weird,i like the part when the guy sees you and runs away :laugh:

Comment

Seems that other people have seen it happen before judging by the comments on the clip, weird. Forward it to IW and hopefully they can sort it out!

To me it seems, as you said, a problem with the server and and your connection.

Comment

Wow. Regular mode looks sickening.. too much on the screen... quite a bug..

Comment

I've seen a couple people post about this on the IW.com forums...it's a very rare bug.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
            I've seen a couple people post about this on the IW.com forums...it's a very rare bug.
            I've heard that as well. Except those posting were in beta. None posted after game release I guess so I'm just spreading the word. I'll post over there soon.

Comment

Rofl...

Ain't that a b1tch... Prolly the most messed up bug i have seen... :laugh:

Comment

that is very wierd, it kind of sucks because it can get you banned from a server and labeled a hacker.

Comment

your name makes this ironic

Comment

Originally posted by Namakan View Post
                    your name makes this ironic
                    lol....

Comment

Hi-Def version?

I want to see peoples in game chat!

Comment

lol at you constantly running into nades actually trying to die

But really, damn that's a f***** up bug, if it was common it would really ruin the game. Maybe the server needed a restart?

Comment

That was awesome... I want that bug. :P

Comment

Lol at the guys running away.

Comment

I can't help but be suspicious. You act like you know what is going on while you are playing.

I have to say that I would have left the game once I found out that I couldn't be killed, etc. But, perhaps that's just me...

Comment

Working...
                              X