Questions about buying the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about buying the game

Would there be any plans for making larger maps. Everyone seems to be packed inside a confined area. It is indeed that all the stock maps are well thought and designed, my good spots for hiding and some elevated positions where you can conduct sniping, they all take place within a small area so much so that you have less time to find a hiding position or life is much harder for regroup.

How does the unlock path go? I have the same weapon no matter which side I am playing that sounds abit weird.

Originally posted by Disavowed View Post
    Would there be any plans for making larger maps. Everyone seems to be packed inside a confined area. It is indeed that all the stock maps are well thought and designed, my good spots for hiding and some elevated positions where you can conduct sniping, they all take place within a small area so much so that you have less time to find a hiding position or life is much harder for regroup.

How does the unlock path go? I have the same weapon no matter which side I am playing that sounds abit weird.
    Thats the way the game is intended to be, I doubt they will change that.
    It seems like you are wanting something from the Battlefield series instead.

Comment

Larger maps - will be done when they release the editor - just wait and see.

As for packed iside a confined area...choose less busy or smaller player count servers..most maps except from a couple are ok size.

Unlock path is your choice...you can choose ti unlock through any paths you choose, so if your die hard, use infidel weapons for the 'good ' guys and weapons of the jihad for the rag heads

Comment

i think they will release larger maps, but they will be from mod communities.

Comment

Well...maybe I am still retrospective about Battlefield series. I just don't want to get into action without know what's going on within a perimeter of 100 meters upon respawn that's all really. Nearly every time right after I was reborn, barrage of artillery shells and bullets just showering in across my top. I didn't even have time to panic.

I do give those guys a thumb up they just click so fast and recoil doesn't seem to be a blocking factor when they shoot. Is CoD damage box forgiving? My reticle wasn't exactly on the guy and I got a kill whereas when I try fixing my reticle on the target and fire, the shot missed the target.

We have that sort of shot in the head in both Battlefield and SWAT. Looks like the zoom factor is not that "zoomed in". When I spectate others, snipers' scope doesn't zoom in that well either. I wonder why that is?

Comment

Mate, this is one sh1t hot game.... buy it or dont stop pissing about with yer little niggles.

This is CoD close style infantry fighting in the main - if youve played a previous cod before you'll enjoy it - if not even for all yer little niggles and my concerns for some stuff its still an excellent game

Comment

I believe the map size limitation is from the engine itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Keyelite View Post
                I believe the map size limitation is from the engine itself?
                Negative. It was a design decision, since the maps are the same for Consoles and PC, and Consoles have much lower limits on number of players.

Custom maps created by the community once the tools come out in the coming weeks will be able to be bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Disavowed View Post
                  I do give those guys a thumb up they just click so fast and recoil doesn't seem to be a blocking factor when they shoot. Is CoD damage box forgiving? My reticle wasn't exactly on the guy and I got a kill whereas when I try fixing my reticle on the target and fire, the shot missed the target.
                  CoD is much more forgiving to movement, if you try to shoot at a guy and move at the same time in BF you won't hit much at all. In CoD you can bunnyhop and run all you want cause you will still hit if you get the technique right.

Don't play maps with more than 16 players... More than that and it's nade spamming hell. I still can't understand why people are willing to play 50 player shipment.

Comment

Originally posted by -(UtC)- Iquere « View Post

Don't play maps with more than 16 players... More than that and it's nade spamming hell. I still can't understand why people are willing to play 50 player shipment.
                    I like the 32 player limit, but smaller is interesting as well. 50 players on any map is absolute torture...

Comment

Well, I have bought the game already. I just got the title of this topic written wrongly as "Questions about buying..." which was meant to be "Questions after buying...".

About the nade spam that's what I was about to say. In small maps it is way too easy to nade and got naded. I was naded like hell upon respawn. By the way, is respawn point properly handled by the game?

Comment

You respawn in TDM near a member of your team. Sometimes, that can be a good thing, other times it's a bad thing...

Comment

Originally posted by =ROB JORDAN= View Post
                          You respawn in TDM near a member of your team. Sometimes, that can be a good thing, other times it's a bad thing...
                          Well...i say it is bad thing.:thatsbad:

Comment

Nade spam is greatly reduced when you play on servers with around 20 people or less, and the objective-type games, instead of TDM.

The spammy, only-care-about-their-frags players tend to gravitate to very full servers, so that they have plenty of people to kill. If you play on the smaller servers, you'll often find a slower, more tactical pace. And of course, there are servers out there (you can get clues in their names), who either have rules in place, or are unranked (modded config files) to tune down things like too many explosions.

Comment

The trouble with me is that I like TDM LOL! Thank you I'll try out those smaller servers.

Comment

Working...
                              X