Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why won't the game let me unlock the third sniper gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why won't the game let me unlock the third sniper gun?

I just reached staff sergeant and am trying to unlock the last and best sniper rifle, but when the screen comes up asking which gun to unlock, the sniper isn't an option! Why is this?

You need Special Forces to get the unlock. Best thing to do if you dont have it is to get a freind who does to play a round of it on your account, so the game thinks you do have it.

Comment

I already have Special Forces, and I play using the Special Forces disc. It even allows me to look at the third gun at the BFHQ, it just doesn't allow me to select it.

Comment

First off you will need to unlock the M95 (second tier sniper rifle) first then after that you will have the chance to unlock the L96A1 (third tier sniper rifle) but remember you cant use unlocked SF guns in SF unless they are the default weapon for your army.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertFalcon
          First off you will need to unlock the M95 (second tier sniper rifle) first then after that you will have the chance to unlock the L96A1 (third tier sniper rifle) but remember you cant use unlocked SF guns in SF unless they are the default weapon for your army.
          I already have the tier two sniper rifle. I don't play Special Forces maps, I play Battlefield 2 regular maps.

Comment

I have just had a look at your BF2 stats (player id - 44479964) and you have not played a single round of Special Forces. You must log into a Special Forces server, and play until you at least get 1 point on any Special Forces map. Wait until your stats update to show the Special Forces round that you played. Then the game will recognise that you have Special Forces and you will get the next tier of unlocks available to you.

I am not sure if it will hapen straight away, or if you have to wait for your next promotion. If it happens straight away, you will get 3 unlocks to choose. If it happens on your next promotion, then you will have 5 unlocks to use.

These can be any tier 1 weapon, or any tier 2 weapon that you have already unlocked the corresponding tier 1 weapon for. Looking at you current stats, you would be able to unlock the tier 2 weapons for Medic, Sniper and/or Anti-Tank.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyBunny116 View Post
              I already have the tier two sniper rifle. I don't play Special Forces maps, I play Battlefield 2 regular maps.
              Having SF installed or using the SF CD doesn't do anything for this. It's only playing SF online at least once using your account that gives you the ability to unlock the "SF" weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by FuzzyBunny116 View Post
                I just reached staff sergeant...
                I'll bet you'll be surprised when you play 1 round of SF and you get 4 more unlocks.
                "Crunch's First Officer"
                twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
                X