Special Forces installation issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Forces installation issue

Ok, this is different then what I've seen when I searched, so yea.

When I first got my PC, I had BF2, Special Forces, and other stuff installed to BF2, and everything worked just dandy. But it got a virus, and it and to be wiped. I installed BF2 again, but Special Forces would not install. Period. It gets through the patching stage, then starts the installation process. It gets about 1/5 of the way through, then randomly says "Special Forces failed to install, please try again from the beginning." I have tried multiple times, and it still won't install. Does anyone have a solution?

Do you have enough freespace on your c: drive?
    Have you tried installing in Safe Mode?

Comment

if i do remember you have to not have NO patches on bf2 to beginning.

so uninstall bf2 then install special forces and armored fury (if you have it) THEN install the 1.41 patch

Comment

Ok, thanks. By the way, I asked this quite some time ago, the first time I got special forces installed and working, and I got a list of Processes in Ctrl Alt Del to shut down, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what those processes are.

Comment

Depends what the processes are? Might be worth Googling them to see exactly what they are. The system needs certain processes so it can work. Some are created by other programmes like AV software whch run in the background.

You can install SF at anytime, I installed mine again 2 weeks ago when BF2 was patched to 1.41 with EF and AF installed. You just have to repatch to 1.41

Maybe your SF CD/DVD is damaged?

Comment

Working...
          X