XFI Soundblaster woe - crackling.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XFI Soundblaster woe - crackling.

This has been issue for some time; some people either have a global problem with the XFI series of cards and others, like me, just have a problem with it in 2142. Whenever arty/orbital strikes come down there is this inane snap, crackle and popping and eventually if you let it go on long enough you get a BSOD. Switch to Software mode and the problem is no more (obviously).

This is highly frustrating because I want to hear 2142 in all its glory. There isn't that much of a difference between Software High and Hardware High but there is a definate difference in clarity.

I beseech thee.... does anyone have a solution? Other than buying a new Sound Card. I've flashed my BIOS to the latest version, I have the latest sound card drivers... :shakehead

I will give you some advice though, don't even bother buying Creative cards in the future, they're not very trustworthy as I have learnt from their official forums.

Your running Vista i bet?

Comment

Nah, I have the same problem and I run XP. Everything works on high quality, until an OS comes down... Then we get some mad, deafening cackling.

Comment

you got nForce chipset? this is a documented problem with creative SB + nForce mobo.

just use hardware mode instead of X-Fi mode under audio.

Comment

Originally posted by Minmaster
          you got nForce chipset? this is a documented problem with creative SB + nForce mobo.

just use hardware mode instead of X-Fi mode under audio.
          Using XP, Vista treats the BF series with contempt.

This is highly frustrating, what a bunch of idiots.

Got an nForce board (Abit IP35 Pro) so it figures :dead:

Comment

Working...
          X