CoD4 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoD4 1.0

It came as a revelation to me, as myself and one of my clan members were trying to find a server to play on and he was on 1.0 (I didn't realize at first)whereas I'm on the current 1.4 version of the game and according to him, there's lots of people still playing on the 1.0 version of the game.

I know the browser is FUBARed but this lack of communication between IW and their customers is absurd.

Yes... i also noticed that, when I first got the game, and didn't even realize there were patches.

But I think its the guys who can't get the updates because of the ways they downloaded it... mostly guys from outside the US, and Europe.

Comment

Thats strange, you should have seen an UPDATE button in your game, above JOIN, for patches.

Maybe that wasnt there in the 1.0 time.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Checking official forums/websites, and looking for the "Update" button in-game is standard practice in PC-gaming.

Comment

Yeah, that was me at first. Then I remembered reading in here about 1.40...

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire
            Yes... i also noticed that, when I first got the game, and didn't even realize there were patches.

But I think its the guys who can't get the updates because of the ways they downloaded it... mostly guys from outside the US, and Europe.
            Direct2Drive only sells COD4 to the US and UK, and my Steam version is automatically updated.

So unless there is another download source, I would think that the 1.0 users must have the CD version

Originally posted by CptainCrunch View Post
            Thats strange, you should have seen an UPDATE button in your game, above JOIN, for patches.

Maybe that wasnt there in the 1.0 time.

Crunch
            That button is not present in the Steam version, it may be missing from other versions too.

Comment

There is an update button on v1.0, but people rarely ever pay attention to that.

That's why I hoped CoD would have a "mandatory automatic update system" like CSS has.

Now what you have is a split community between 3 different patches, when all those servers could've amounted to one huge list of choices.

It's the same with CoD2 and CoD, there are some great servers on versions 1.4 in CoD, but I can't play them cause I have 1.5 and there are servers I like on this version too.

CoD2, still has most of it's servers on 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by ThatEvilGuy View Post
                There is an update button on v1.0, but people rarely ever pay attention to that.

That's why I hoped CoD would have a "mandatory automatic update system" like CSS has.

Now what you have is a split community between 3 different patches, when all those servers could've amounted to one huge list of choices.

It's the same with CoD2 and CoD, there are some great servers on versions 1.4 in CoD, but I can't play them cause I have 1.5 and there are servers I like on this version too.

CoD2, still has most of it's servers on 1.0
                Yea... I know what you mean. Im always going on CoD2 and saying... "There aren't too many people playing..."

Then I re-install, and look at the server browser and theres a ton of servers...

Comment

Its annoying i didnt realise there was a 1.4 until 2 days later when i saw the advert thing for it on here, i installed it but lost some half good servers that are still on 1.3.

they really should have mandatory updates, i mean if they fix an exploit in say 1.5 but its open in 1.4 where is the point in letting 1.4 servers carry on without patching up?

Comment

Originally posted by Vreki View Post
                    That button is not present in the Steam version, it may be missing from other versions too.
                    Probably because the Steam version automatically updates.

Anyone that has been playing online computer games for more than a week should know that the first thing they should do after installing a game that's been around for more than a month is check for patches.

Comment

Working...
                    X