How does this sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does this sound?

I'd like to see a resupply mechanic implemented with the next game. Where "asset points" accumulate over time, and/or via objectives met, and can be spent on the more powerful vehicles/artillery guns/UAV/scan/supply crates. The standard transport vehicles, FAV, DPV, HMMWV, stuff like that can respawn as normal. The only difference would be that the commander would have to choose between another attack helicopter or a tank or a jet to spawn. Or tools that help the team in different ways. I think it would make things a little less "spammy." It would require a better "rock-paper-scissors" balance than currently exists, but it could be cool. It would also put more emphasis on a good commander, making decisions based on the flow of the battle. Need to cap a flag to stay in the round? Spawn a tank. The enemy spawned a tank and is raping a flag? Spawn an attack helicopter to bust it up. The enemy's attack choppers are pounding your tanks? Spawn a jet to strafe them and scare them away.
    Along with this system make vehicles persistent. If the enemy steals one of your vehicles, you can spawn another. Sure, there would have to be a limit on how many of each vehicle you could get but that is mitigated by requiring the commander to use valuable "asset points" on each one.
    It would also make it more important to have each vehicle placed in the hands of a competent user. After a team assaults an area and completes an objective, they would be pretty serious about which guy gets the kickass vehicle from the points gained.
    Thoughts from the community?

*poof!* I'm in a heli, wham wham wham! Commander transform me into a jet! WOooooooooooshhhhhhh now into a tank! now a bird :P
    J/k I won't hate on your opinions unlike other people here that make up 80% of this forum. Your idea would be brilliant if people liked complicated things and things that take time. Sure it sounds nice and tactical but what are the chances it will be used like that? I mean it's hard enough asking for a supply box already :P The people of BF2 does not listen well, follow orders and use tatical strategies. When I step into the battlefield I am alone.

Comment

ok... i like it, pretty complicated thogh. if i could like, see it, i wold get it alot better and it'd be sweet

Comment

Originally posted by RedxInk View Post
        *poof!* I'm in a heli, wham wham wham! Commander transform me into a jet! WOooooooooooshhhhhhh now into a tank! now a bird :P
        J/k I won't hate on your opinions unlike other people here that make up 80% of this forum. Your idea would be brilliant if people liked complicated things and things that take time. Sure it sounds nice and tactical but what are the chances it will be used like that? I mean it's hard enough asking for a supply box already :P The people of BF2 does not listen well, follow orders and use tatical strategies. When I step into the battlefield I am alone.
        I'm not talking about it transforming into the new asset. I'm talking about the commander choosing which asset spawns on the ground.

Comment

It would'nt work, there would be a noob commander all the time been well.....a noob. Its a good idea i suppose but in the bigger picture of things it would'nt pull the game play together. Because the world bieng what it is, noobs unfortunately run it.

Comment

It's pretty much plain and simple... have you played quake? people have jobs there and when people don't do the job they have tasked too............. i won't even say it.

Oh and people hate "complicated things" why do you think people love the I-pods.

Comment

That would require teamwork and coordination...which are extinct to bf2.

Comment

That's why I said it's something I'd like to see in a sequel. Then again, the sequel will be populated by the same community, so I guess it doesn't matter. Screw it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimtool655321 View Post
                  That's why I said it's something I'd like to see in a sequel. Then again, the sequel will be populated by the same community, so I guess it doesn't matter. Screw it.
                  We arnt pulling your idea's down dude, sorry if it seems that way. But like you said it will be populated with the same community, unless they can sort out the noobs, by taking away such things as the punish key, that would be a great start.

Comment

Working...
                  X