lost registration code. got new pc cant install right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost registration code. got new pc cant install right

I am trying to help my friend who got a new pc for christmas. He got battlefield 2 from a givaway at work( best buy) at the time he didnt have a pc that would run it well so he never installed it. now he has a pc that will run it but he has lost everything but the cds for the game. My question is can, and will ea issue a new reg code for the game if they can tell its not a copied disk. For example can he contact ea and send them the disk or prove to them somehow that this is not a pirated copy. If he can prove it will they help him out or will they give him no love. any experiences would be good to hear about. thanks

and let me add that I have used this forum for help many times even before I joined and appreciate enthusiasts helping enthusiasts.

Best thing to do is contact EA themselves.

They have done that sort of thing in the past but it meant that the person who had the problems had to send images of both the disk and casing to prove the copy was legit.

Just contact them through their support website and take things form there.

Comment

Use this STRAIGHT FROM EA
      Note u had to register the product

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Here's how to retrieve your CD Key for the games that you registered earlier:

1) Go to https://account.ea.com/myacct/verify...ite=er&skin=er. Enter your EA.Com Account name and Password to login.
      2) For security purpose, you will be asked to re-enter your account password.
      3) Once you have entered the password, you will be shown the 'My Account' page.
      4) For checking your previously registered game(s) and to retrieve your CD key(s), please click on the "My Games" tab.

In case you will not be able to retrieve your CD Key than you have to buy a new game with which you will get a CD Key and than you can continue enjoy playing the game.

If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you,

Gopi
      EA Online Support.

Comment

NadeMaster, reading the post from rootbeer99 it seems your solution may not work as his friend never actually installed the game in the first place.

PS how can you still have the cd's and not the cd key, does he take the cd's out of the case & throw it away lol

Comment

happened to me...3 times..just bought the game again.....and again

i have about 3-4 copies of bf2 discs in teh house..only about 1 booklet with the actual cd key on it

Comment

yep my friend just tosses everything after it is installed. but as he could not run the game at the time he put the discs in his cd case and tossed everything else. he really is not that smart. the only cases/paperwork he saves are xbox 360 and ps2 game cases. he is quite the a.d.d. kid

Comment

if he has the old computer still and he at one point installed the game then post it there and then i can try to work with it.

Comment

^^whoz the 1 person who helped?? lol

Comment

thundy cat

Comment

thanks for the offer nademaster but the game was never installed originally. his pc specs were to low so he did not install it. and he put the cds in with his other cds and threw the packaging away so he has cds that were never used until now so if you can help with that somehow post again please but if not thanks for the offer. Maybe I will just have to force him to buy another copy. he does get a discount on games.i think.

Comment

well, the last thing is the cd key is on the instructions, if he doesnt have that then o well, buying just a BF2 game alone is only 10 dollars

Comment

Working...
                      X