Calling All Server Owners...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling All Server Owners...

Have a question for you server owners out there...
    Have you noticed a difference in hosting providers and the availability of your servers in the master browser based on the configs / providers?

I have had a 32 slot unit for over 30 days with barely any traffic.
    I've kept close eye on it and all updates and server audits come clean.
    This unit just has not gotten any traffic.

I initiated a new server lease, with a diff provider, less than 24 hours ago, and the server is jam packed! Thank god.
    I was wondering if anyone had noticed anything that would make your configs more appealing to the master server etc?

Only minor diffs in the configs for both, but something is def, up.
    Just thought this might be useful for prospective server owners.

Thanks!

Maybe, someone joined it, with another person, and then people just started pouring in? I don't think that the server provider has much to do with it, except maybe bandwidth? Not entirely sure.

Comment

I've noticed COD4 is slowly decreasing in players.. Or more UK and less US..

Comment

I don't know.
        I have them both set up the same in the recent 48 hours (disabling FF) and even same server name, hoping for some spill-over.

I noticed my new provider set a default rate of 1K and my previous unit had a setup rate of 25K.
        I bumped the rate up to 2K on the new one just hoping the masterserver would create some traffic.
        I can't help but wonder? It cant be that simple...

I don't want this thread to revert to a support issue...
        I'm just amazed at the new traffic with the new provider.
        Not tooting horns here. Just wanted to get some opinions.
        What are your default server rates?

Comment

I posted something similar to this, I think even though the game is absolutely near perfect right out of the box, there's still a great many who don't know and are unaware that 1.4 is the current version of the game.

Comment

I dont think there is a relation. Ive seen our server go on and off the browser list many times. We switched to dedicated servers and it started off the list. They are now on the list and have been, but traffic has been a bit slow.

Crunch
            Twitter: @CptainCrunch
            Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Don't forget that there are just about 13000 servers. If the server never has people on it, rarely will anyone join an empty server. Get all your buddies to play on it. Once you break 8-10 people then everyone starts joining.

And as far as the traffic, i see more and more. There are just about 17000 people on now and it's late in the morning here.

Comment

Originally posted by m3ow View Post
                I've noticed COD4 is slowly decreasing in players.. Or more UK and less US..
                31,153 players online as of 8:45am eastern US time... that's a hell of a lot of players!

Comment

According to Game-Monitor.com, COD4 is the 3rd most popular FPS game, in terms of number of people playing online at any one time, in the world right now. It consistently has 2x the number of players as BF2, and is only behind the massive numbers of CS and CS:S players.

Right at this very moment (1:30pm Pacific/4:30pm Eastern), there are over 45,000 COD4 people online.

Comment

The reason why some servers see more traffic than others is mostly routing or PINGs.... Most players want a 50 or less ping..I enjoy a 30or less and will hunt till I find one that is close enough, and alot of times it depends on hardware lag, that comes from a provider that has several instances of the game and other software running on one 4U server that isn't powerful enough to do so..its called cutting costs and is why I'm fully against "Ranked" servers..alot of providers did it really heavy with Bf2/2142 to cut costs.

Comment

Working...
                    X