Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any mods with allowing multiple attachments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any mods with allowing multiple attachments?

Hey all,

I was just looking at all my attachments for my guns. And I was just thinking, how fun i'd be to have an assault rifle with a silencer, an ACOG, and a grenade launcher. How awesome would that be?!

So the thing is, I'm wondering if there's a mod out there that allows this?

And what you thoughts on this would be. If it's a good idea, or a bad idea. And why?

I think it's a great idea. And it wouldn't be unfair or anything as you can get rank ups so fast.

I think this has already been discussed in more than one thread, with a lot of conflicting opinions (mostly due to balance issues).

However, to answer your question, no, there is no mod out yet to do that. From the IW.com forums, modders there aren't even sure it's possible yet, both due to lack of models/animations (which could probably be built) but also some limitations on the engine in terms of how many objects can be in play at one time (loose explanation). They've speculated on it, but won't know for sure until the official Mod/Map Tools come out.

Comment

^^ Thats kinda what I thought, it would be complicated...

Comment

Its possible, but.. We don't have mod/map tools. In SP, you got GL+Silencer+Red Dot. Its there, just got to figure out how to insert that to MP.

Comment

Originally posted by m3ow View Post
          In SP, you got GL+Silencer+Red Dot. Its there, just got to figure out how to insert that to MP.
          Yes, there are some set-ups from SP that could possibly be used, but that's only a couple examples...to allow a full mix'n'match system for ALL weapons and attachments would require more work and some significant coding.

Comment

Awww that sucks. Darn!

Well, if the animations are there for SP, maybe they can be brought into MP?

Comment

All attachments at once equals overpowered assault and LMG classes. SMGs to an extent too...

Comment

It would be nice if they introduced Prestige mode for the PC and allowed the use of two attachments: they could balance it out by disallowing Perk 1 and 2, or any combination you can think of.

There's no excuse for not implementing something like this.

Comment

@Sloi

Well, I think that's a great idea! But disabling perks is kinda lame no?

Comment

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
                    Well, I think that's a great idea! But disabling perks is kinda lame no?
                    Yeah, but remember, to get the GL, you need to trade in your tier one perk, so I guess Sloi is kind of on track with that.

Really, most of this stuff bottles down to balance issues.

Isn't it enough making these threads? Like others have said, this issue has been discussed before. Even though I'm for this sorta thing, mod-makers would seriously have to evaluate this issue thouroughly before incorporating it into a mod. Plus you have all the extra work for animations and clipping issues and what-not.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi View Post
                      It would be nice if they introduced Prestige mode for the PC and allowed the use of two attachments: they could balance it out by disallowing Perk 1 and 2, or any combination you can think of.

There's no excuse for not implementing something like this.
                      no not that crap... you still get all ur perks... there is no reason for that cuz then everyone could have red dot and silencer so there would be nothing to balence..

Comment

Yes it would take time, and it's easy for me to say as I don't make mods. But I'd sure love to see an M16A4 with ACOG, GL, and Silencer

Comment

Working...
                        X