Are the servers down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the servers down?

I get to connecting to account server and the game sits there for about a minute then drops too desktop.

no the account servers are not down because i just logged in fine. What type of internet do u have? (wireless, ethernet, etc.) Second does the game close because that is morely classified as a Crash to Desktop. If you are running Windows XP i want you to go to Start, Control Pannel, Network Connections (if it is in classic form) or Network and Internet Connections (If it is catgegory mode) then network connections. Either way once u are at network connections find whichever source of the internet u are using and right click it and have it repair. Then try. Also has this just happened or what?

Comment

HI its happened since changing from my old crt monitor to a new lcd monitor. I was running the game at 1024x768 @100 hz,but with the new screen i'm running at 1280x1024 @75hz. When I first started the game it crashed back to the desktop so I came to the conclusion it was a refresh problem.I then went to this folder C:\Documents and Settings\Thundercat\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default and went into the video con file and changed this line VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@100Hz and changed it to the new resolution.I can now get past the splash screen and choose my name and click on connect to account server.From there on it sits for about a minute before dropping to desktop.

Comment

Okay let me say something about the monitor thing, i'm not sure what kind of a graphics card u have but to go up to 75Hz is requires something pretty good. I run at 60Hz. and about the CTD i do not know too much, i suggest you go and download a clean version of the 1.41 patch, MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING AT THE SAME TIME to prevent it for some crazy reason losing a part of the file. Then i know it is a pain the butt but i suggest a re-install of Battlefield 2. Now after the uninstall go to My Documents and delete the Battlefield 2 folder if it is still there. Then go to Program Files->EA Games and delete the Battlefield 2 folder if it is there. Then reinstall it and then patch it up. Make sure you do the reboot. Sorry, but doing a reinstall and putting a clean version on the computer may fix it. It will probably take about 1 hour to do. If anyone else knows how to fix it feel free to speak.

Comment

Hi reinstalled the patch has sorted it thankyou for your help.

Regards,

Thundy

Comment

K no problem.

That is one person helped on the forums.

Comment

Working...
            X