Errr... Wtf Cant Add Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errr... Wtf Cant Add Hardware

Hey guys, I just got this new logitech headset for 90NZD yesterday, I can get it working on my dads computer but not on mine, I try to go into control panel to install it and it says I have "limited rescrictions" even when this is the ONLY admin account. I used the command prompt to make a new admin account to find out that I can get into control panel and I try to add hardware and it still says ive got limited restrictions. I can only acces the control panel through a limtied account, so I can't get into user accounts or anything, please help I realy want to use my new headset!

Hm. Vista or XP? system specs as well please

Comment

XP Home Edition SP2

1gig ram
      p4 3.00 ghz
      ide hdd 80gb
      ati radeon 9600

I have the mcafee virus scanner installed I heard that may be the problem but I cant uninstall it cause It needs admin....

Comment

I'm stumped. If you go in the control panel to manage user accounts, you already have the administrator account?
        Try this
        Start>control panel>users> click administrator then properties> click the group membership tab and select the permissions you require.
        If you suspect that Mcafee is the problem have you tried configuring it to disable whatever restrictions it imposes on you?

Comment

Boot into safe mode and install it or set permissions there. You have a hidden administrator account.

Comment

Originally posted by BPCrusher01 View Post
            Boot into safe mode and install it or set permissions there. You have a hidden administrator account.
            What he said. I personally do not suggest logitech headsets, I have had to get replacements for mine soo many times and it was 50 dollars.

Comment

Working...
            X