Sniping, not so easy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniping, not so easy.

In other games with a a sniper will hit exactly what's in the crosshair intersection, but in this game I don't think it does.
    I'll be using the Dragonov and there wil be a guy running and my crosshairs are directly on him, but nothing.
    Also, I was sprinting and taken down by a sniper, but the killcam showed that his crosshairs weren't on me when he fired.

Anyone know how to use it, or do I just suck?

I find the hit detection to be spot on, but im coming from bf2.

I dont have much sniper experience, so i dont know.

As for the killcam, the bullets deviate, so he may have "accidently" killed you. I know i just spam bullets when i see an enemy.

But what do i know, i got the game on christmas

Comment

you have to lead people when they are running

Comment

If he is running you have to lead your target, aim about a foot depending on your distance in front of him, i was impressed when i actually led a target who was running to get a headshot.

Comment

Ohh, so it's actually like real life? Because games like Socom you just have to put the crosshairs directly on them.

Comment

No it's far from real live After all it's only a video game.

Comment

it does have some real life effects in game. As the people above say aim ahead of your target, practice makes perfect .

Hold your breath when your lining up your target (hold the sprint key, default Shift). Iron lungs allow you to hold your breath for three times longer .

Comment

Yeah, I hated it at first... but once you get the hang of it, you'll be at the top of the leader boards

Comment

Sniping is pretty easy... especially since they patched it, you also do have to lead targets a bit.

Comment

Are you on the new patch?

Comment

Originally posted by a civilian
                      Are you on the new patch?
                      NO, since I did a gamestop.com download I can't play in PB enabled rooms or download any patches.

Comment

Originally posted by stewie-Y View Post
                        NO, since I did a gamestop.com download I can't play in PB enabled rooms or download any patches.
                        Try this for a patch for your e-version of the game: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=138929

Comment

ya man, you will get better. I started using the R700, and I can nail people on the run consistently. So you just have to practice. And ya, there is a bullet time.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskey View Post
                            Try this for a patch for your e-version of the game: http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=138929
                            I downloaded it, but it's a bunch of files that I have no idea where to put. Anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by stewie-Y View Post
                              I downloaded it, but it's a bunch of files that I have no idea where to put. Anyone know?
                              It should be a zip file. Extract it to your Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare directory, and if you're using WinZip, be sure "Use Folder Names" is checked. It will put a couple files into that COD4 directory, a couple into Main, and some into /Zone/English.

As long as you point the extraction to the COD4 directory, it should do that all automatically.

Comment

Working...
                              X