COD 4 trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD 4 trouble

Ok where to begin... I was playing in a server and my kid hit my reset button on my surge protector. Well this cut my PC off and so I restarted it. I clicked on the mutiplayer icon on my desktop and went to a full black screen for like 15-20 seconds. At which point something flashed across the screen stating something to the effect of info/ data lost. When it finally loaded all of my achievements under my profile were wiped. No matter what I did it wouldnt resolve itself, so 6-7 actual gameplay hours down the tube. I decided to do a re-install and the first install wouldnt allow me to even load mutiplayer, something about a gold weapon error?? The second install actually fixed the problem I was having with the showdown map crashing during loading to my desktop, but gave me the same problem with map vacant, which was working fine on my first install. I tried to do the backup of my profile, but dont know if I did that correctly, because I couldnt find the profile/ player folder, so two profiles lost now. Can anyone possibly answer two things? One, any reason why sparatic maps are not installing properly when I install the game? Two, how does one properly operate the backup utility? Any help would be appreciated, cause Id just assume not play if Im gonna keep losing my progress in the game.

C:\Program Files\Games\COD4\players\profiles\Major_Day

Copy and save the whole "players" folder to somewhere safe,memory stick perhaps?

Comment

Working...
    X