Every server, kicked by PunkBuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every server, kicked by PunkBuster

I was playing on the TacticalGamer.com server. I request a pickup from my squad leader in an APC right in front of him. He runs me over, and says you don't run out in front of a vehicle you *******. I don't remember but I think he had a TG tag. And after that incident, I got kicked by PunkBuster. Does that mean I'm blacklisted by PunkBuster now or am I good after a while?

PS. I'm getting kicked by PunkBuster from every server after about 2 minutes of play.

maybe your punkbuster just crashed and because it isn't running good it kicks you. try updating punkbuster if it isn;t fixed after a restart of your pc. And this should be in the support part of this forum.

Comment

Punkbuster will kick players if the IP packets are not being returned. Check your spam, firewall, and antivirus software settings to allow punkbuster a and b to get through or you will be kicked everytime. There are other reasons but those are the first things to check.

Comment

Try updating punkbuster, it will solve the losing packets issue.

Comment

download the pbsetup.exe and then copy it to the folder "pb" in your bf2142 directory where you installed the game. example "....\bf2142\pb\"

Then run pbsetup.exe and in the add the game section add BF2142 and then it should update all the punkbuster files you need to play the game without that error you had.

Sorry for the rubbish instructions im watching an evening with kevin smith! These vague instructions should be enough for you to update the punkbuster files for your game.

Comment

This has happened to me twice over the past two weeks after not having a single PB problem for 4 months.

Each time I have uninstalled PB, reinstalled PB and rebooted computer. It has solved the problem each time. The second occurance happened yesterday (after nearly two weeks without issue). I'm back up playing without issue (at least until the next PB problem surfaces).

Punkbuster completely sucks. I can't believe there isn't a software engineer out there who can't come up with a better, more stable anti-cheat software. Is it really that difficult?

After fighting PB for the first month I had this game and now my most recent trouble, the only thing I have to say to PB is:

BITE ME!

Comment

I kept getting kicked by punkbuster, but I think that was cause I hacked Crysis... Wait a second, it wasn't a hack, it was a ***** EXE. I don't like to take my 2142 disc out of the drive, so I downloaded a no cd exe from teh internets. I just deleted that file and restored my original crysis exe and now it works fine.

Comment

turn off peerguardian, zone alarm etc.

download pbsetup.exe and update bf2142

problem solved

Comment

Working...
                X