Having Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Problems

Well I recently bought the BF2 Collection, and am having a very annoying problem. I had BF2 about a year ago on this exact same computer so that can't be the problem.

Well the problem is, whenever I accept a server and join, during the loading screen at 59% every single time BF2 will just completely close down. Gives me no information on an error it just closes the program. I havee tested it several times and nothing has changed...it loads fine until 59% and it dies.

I have lowered my graphics settings in every way possible but to no avail. I just continues to crash and it's really getting on my nerves.

So if anybody has any idea on how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

System Specs:

Operating System: Windows XP Professional
    Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00Ghz
    Memory: 1022MB Ram
    Page File: 423MB Used 2035 Available
    DirectX Version: 9

Graphics Card: Radeon X600 256MB HyperMemory

Tried deleting the bf2 folder in my documents?

Comment

or try deleting your cache folder as well.

Comment

Hey I got it to work. Thanks a lot guys.

Now I have another problem...I keep getting an error from PunkBuster saying it can't communicate with my service...It happens about 1 minute into every match. Kicks me right back to the multiplayer server select page.

I already tried using a direct connection from my modem to my computer instead of a router and nothing...

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Comment

Manually update Punkbuster :

:salute:

Comment

Sigh, I already tried this and nothing I get the same error every single time...There has to be a way to download PnkBstrB or something, bedause it doesnt even exist on my computer...

Comment

If you installed pbsetup.exe then PnkBstrA and PnkBstrb should both be in your C:\Windows\system32 folder .................. check in there!

Comment

It says eveything is in there, my firewall allow PnkBstrB to pass through and I continue to get the error...these are my results on the test I took.

Checking PnkBstrA Version OK (1029)
                Extracting "PnkBstrB.exe" to:
                "C:\Documents and Settings\Cory Becker\Application Data\PnkBstrB.exe"
                OK
                Checking firewall settings OFF
                Is PnkBstrA explicitly allowed?
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe YES
                Is PnkBstrB explicitly allowed?
                C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrB.exe YES
                Checking if PnkBstrB is running NOT RUNNING
                Getting port for PnkBstrA OK (44301)
                Opening socket for packet send OK
                Sending version packet to PnkBstrA SENT
                Receiving version from PnkBstrA TIMEOUT
                Getting PnkBstrB install instance NOT FOUND
                Sending start packet to PnkBstrA SENT
                Waiting for packet from PnkBstrA TIMEOUT
                Watching for PnkBstrB instance change (0) TIMEOUT
                Getting port for PnkBstrB FAILED
                Sending version packet to PnkBstrB SENT
                Receiving version from PnkBstrB TIMEOUT
                Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
                Extracting new PnkBstrK to:
                "C:\Documents and Settings\Cory Becker\Application Data\PnkBstrK.sys"
                OK
                Sending load packet to PnkBstrB SENT
                Checking PnkBstrK driver status NOT FOUND
                Manually stopping PnkBstrB FAILED - no handle
                Removing test PnkBstrB file OK
                PnkBstrA.log: 15:06:31] PnkBstrA v1029 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.
                [12.28.2007 15:09:54] PnkBstrA v1029 Service Started Successfully. This service is a component of the PunkBuster Anti-Cheat system. Visit http://www.evenbalance.com for more information.

PnkBstrB.log: [EMPTY]

----------------------------------
                Tests finished.

And recently I got some type of program that may be the cause of this.
                It's on my tool bar and it's shaped like a shield and every second it goes from a ? with a blue background to a X with a red background.
                1. I cannot click on it
                2. It pops up a screen saying "System Alert" and asks me to dowlnoad anti virus software but when I click on it I get spammed with a bunch of programs that are of no use to me.

It feels like this is the problem but IDK how to get rid of it. So if anybody knows what im talking about with the little information I have given you id appreciate some info on how to remove this thing.

Comment

Working...
                X