720p only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 720p only

I have the ps3 with a mitsubishi wd62628 HD TV, supports up to 1080p, For some reason it only plays in 720p. All Blu-Ray disks play in 1080i or 1080p depending on the set up i use. My Xbox360 plays in 1080i also on the HDMI connection. What is the deal, the game clams 720p 1080i and 1080p formats. Any support would be appreciated. sloughseeker4

You won't get much help here... primarily a PC forum.

But I do get 1080P with my 360, looks wonderful. Not sure what to do with a PS3 though... maybe try looking through the ingame options? The PS3 options?

Comment

Pick it up for the PC you will like it alot better... in fact you will never wanna play it on console agian..

Comment

well thats helpful battle. (I reject your 1337)

to the OP, you might wanna try posting on tech center at the central forum for total gaming network.

http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...play.php?f=175

Like spitfire said, this is a PC forum first and foremost so you might not get an answer but it's still worth a try.

ps: welcome to the forums

Comment

answer: 1
          question: how many posts will go by before you get the obligatory "get it on PC" quip?

I don't have a PS3, but just to take a wild guess maybe there's something in the PS3 console where you have to manually set the resolution to 1080p (but like you said if the blu-ray discs play in 1080 then the game should as well).

Google searched it, try this:
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I don't have youtube access from a government PC but supposedly it's the fix...

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
            You won't get much help here... primarily a PC forum.
            TGN is moving towards multi-gaming platform so the more people that have these games on consoles the more help there is around.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto View Post
              TGN is moving towards multi-gaming platform so the more people that have these games on consoles the more help there is around.
              Oh okay, thats good actually, as I am an avid console gamer as well.

Nice to see the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto View Post
                Nuuuuu Scinto how could you say this? :cry:

For PC the in game options let you change the resolution, maybe the same on PS3? Or is there even a graphics options page?

Comment

I don't own a ps3 but I heard that you'll have to disable 720p first. Whatever that means.

Comment

Thnks for the help Evid33d, that did the trick. I forgot that some programs don't use the highest native resolution availble automaticly. thnks PC guys. Sloughseeker4

Comment

Working...
                    X