PC vs. Console

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC vs. Console

Is this game better for the PC or Next Gen Console, I have it for the xbox360. I don't guess that the servers are intermixed to allow console users to play with pc users by any chance, i just got this game and love, i was skeptical which is why i waited so long to purchase.

If you have a good enough PC to play it or plan on upgrading soon get it for the PC. You will be happier in the long run with mods and custom maps that come with the PC version.

You'll also get the majority of people saying to buy the PC version, as this is mainly a PC forum.

Comment

Yeh, its much better for the PC, as I have it both for the 360, and the PC.

Whenever I play on the xbox I feel handicapped.

Comment

I just bought my kids COD4 and a new PS3...Way better on the PS3. The depth and graphics are jaw dropping. Then again, i'm running Nvidia's 7800 GS so those of u on the 8800 may think otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by TiGHT View Post
          I just bought my kids COD4 and a new PS3...Way better on the PS3. The depth and graphics are jaw dropping. Then again, i'm running Nvidia's 7800 GS so those of u on the 8800 may think otherwise.
          Graphics on the 8800 are great. But IMO PC is better because of mods, map packs, and being able to use a mouse and keyboard

Comment

Mouse and Keyboard > dual thumbsticks

Comment

There are a few frag videos on NGWalkthroughs, the guy is playing with a controller, hes as good as someone with a mouse. Amazing.

Comment

Yup, i can't aim at all with those thumbsticks. So for that reason i have to say PC is the best for me. Luckily i can run this game on max graphics so i don't loose out on that area either.

Comment

Played this game on PS3 round a friends house, was "ok" but as soon as i got home I really appreciated my mouse and keyboard!

Comment

PC's have more fun than consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Redfield
                      There are a few frag videos on NGWalkthroughs, the guy is playing with a controller, hes as good as someone with a mouse. Amazing.
                      Yea right... I would be sure to ownerize him.

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
                        Yea right... I would be sure to ownerize him.
                        [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltKzDLBpeDs[/media]

You can see that there isnt that huge of a gap between mouse/kb and controller. Theres a difference, but really not as dramatic as people say. Im sure with practice, a controller player can do fairly well against a mouse player.

Comment

That vid just reminded me how much I hate the looks of those sights in CoD4.
                          Aimpoint would have been so much cooler. Instead we got that thin piece of poo.

The only pro I can see 360 having over the PC is people using mics to communicate. I`ve yet to hear anyone use voip in the PC version.
                          Anyway, I wonder if you can change the graphics settings in a console game. I wound turn half the effects off.

Comment

No "Aimpoint" sights in COD4. Its called a "Reflex Sight" and I prefer a reflex sight to an aimpoint, to be honest. Both in real life, and in videogames. Aimpoint sight in COD4 is unnecessary as ACOG is already there.

Comment

Is the ACOG really good? I've yet to unlock one becasue I'm working each gun up to silencer. Should I work towards the ACOG for my M4?

Comment

Working...
                              X