Video Card Help !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card Help !!!

Hi , I'm curentley running a ATI X800XT & need a new card because this 1 is dieing & was considering a HD2600XT for my power supply only being 430W . Is this a waste of money to upgrade for $120 USD or not worth the gain ? TY for any help.

I recommend leaving ATI and going with Nvidia..they are supporting a wider amount of games here lately not to mention pumping out various drivers 10x faster than ATI is. The cost per card vs speed differences and performance is hands down Nvidia over ATI too.

Comment

yes i would say go with anything nvidia.
      PNY nvidia chipsets are probably the best but are more pricey

Comment

the recommended PSU for that card is 400w, it might be a little close,

calc it and see; http://www.extreme.outervision.com/p...ulatorlite.jsp

anything close to the 2600's price range is the 8500/8600 even the 1950 pro's are better so the 2600's should be an improvement over both.

Comment

Thanks M8's for the input but I'm leaning towards the HD2600 XT for 2 factors , its low power requirments & I can get it in AGP. I agree on Nvidia being better & would love the X1950 XT but don't want to shell out anymore cash then possible because I will be building a new machine next year. Scinto , I have a Antec NEO-HE 430 & did the calculater & it said I would only be using 216 W with the HD2600 XT 512. Overall will I get better FPS's with this card ????? TY again !

current specs (cough!!!) P4 2.8 ,2gig DDR , X800XT-PE ,& SB X-FI

Comment

Working...
          X