cant install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant install

Ive seen this question asked in various places on the net but have not yet found a decent answer.
    Firstly, when i had my system running vista the game installed and played with no problem. But for various reasons i have gone back to XP Pro.

Now my game will not install and i get error 1309 - verify the file exists and that i have access. (starting at file 7za.exe)

can any one PLEASE help with this??

Ensure that you are an administrator of your own machine. you might be trying to install it as a limited user, that would give you this specific error.

Comment

Try going to My Computer, right clicking on the drive that the DVD is in, choose Explore, scroll down to WindowsInstaller-KB893803-x86.exe (information on this file can be found here). Maybe your system has the older installer. Just a possibility.

Also try opening the setup.exe from the DVD by right clicking and choosing Open.

Comment

thanks fellas, tried both with no luck.

I have ended up making an image on another system using my disk then bringing that image to this system to install with a crack. It all points at my cd drive not working but it works fine with every other disk i have so its got me buggered...

Comment

Working...
        X