Invalid CD-Key Fix!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid CD-Key Fix!

Alot of you, including my self have had that annoying and very frustrating message pop up when you try to join a server, or just to play Lan with some friends, telling us that our Legitimate CD-Keys are invalid!

I did not find out how to do this, i found it out from a help forum and thought i'd put it here to help alot of people, so Credits to the original finder.

here is a fix for you all, and i hope the mod's will sticky this so people wont ask about it.

Btw, EA's supported cd-key changer doesnt edit the registry.
    (here is a image illustration)

First you need to click Start then click Run and type in "regedit". Now a new screen will appear called Registry editor.
    (here's a tip when i say + it means click the plus on the folder i tell you to.)

click the + on "my computer" then click the plus on "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", now click the plus on "SOFTWARE", a whole list will now reveal itself, you will need to locate on this list, "Electronic Arts" and click the +, then click the + on "EA Games" which shows in the sub-directory of "Electronic Arts", now click the + on "Battlefield 2", now two final folders should appear under "Battlefield 2", called "ergc" and "wdc", double click on ergc and now on the right hand side of the screen is your CDkey, or just "x9392", you need to click were it says "(Default)" and then right click, and then select Modify.

now you need to enter x9392YOURCDKEY, then click ok.
    here is an example. x9392N1AJD7RBAT2HCGR4G0TT

click ok and close regedit, and this fixes this very annoying problem!

the x9392 has been mentioned a few times here and it works great. If you still want to encode your key follow the directions here.
    "Crunch's First Officer"
    twitter: @signaprime

Comment

yeh....hijack my topic why dont you signa.

Comment

I thought you would be happy someone replied to your thread.
        "Crunch's First Officer"
        twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Working...
        X