Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty 4 Habits

Hey guys,

With some of my new games I got for Christmas, I've started to realize how much CoD4 affects my play style - good and bad. For example, I got the collection of Half Life games and started playing - every time I killed somebody, I would back/run away from their body expecting an explosion.

Or, I'd keep hitting q and e trying to lean, but now I've begun to notice how few games actually have a lean system.

What kinds of habits have you guys formed from playing CoD4 that either positively/negatively affect your performance in other games?

Taking cover.

Comment

Running away from people who spotted me from afar (P90).

Comment

Originally posted by vika09
        Taking cover.
        Lol - idk if that counts??

Comment

Having to hop like a bunny so i dont get GL'ed or p90ed..

then I go play TF2, and rocket jump and I feel like I did something right for once

Comment

How do you rocket jump in TF2?! I always end up killing myself.

Ok, back on topic lol

Comment

Dropping Claymores where I might get a kill before I die.

Comment

I have an opposite problem. I have a bad habit of punching reload after every kill, even if I have 20-25 rounds left in the magazine.

Also, CoD4 has vastly improved my British impersonations.

Comment

I do the same as Blackmage, but that was a habit brought form a kinda old game called Hidden and Dangerous 2. I don't think I have many game specific habits, I tend to follow the same techniques throughout all the games I play.

Comment

Yeah i have a habit of reloading after every kill, like a fool i keep catching the reload button when i dont want to and get myself killed, so i find it best to make sure its always fully loaded.

Comment

Well, it goes for most games that you should reload after every firefight.

Comment

I am the Team Bullet-Magnet.

HEY.......its helps the rest of the Team find the enemy faster. They really appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by =)BiT(=BlackMage
                          I have an opposite problem. I have a bad habit of punching reload after every kill, even if I have 20-25 rounds left in the magazine.
                          I do this too... I don't know where i have gotten it though....

Originally posted by youm0nt
                          Well, it goes for most games that you should reload after every firefight.
                          I have always tought that remember to reload before clearing/entering a room... This thing i got from swat...

Comment

Originally posted by Kingkat54 View Post
                            I am the Team Bullet-Magnet.

HEY.......its helps the rest of the Team find the enemy faster. They really appreciate it.
                            i used to be like that CoD UO

Comment

Originally posted by Aerialz View Post
                              For example, I got the collection of Half Life games and started playing - every time I killed somebody, I would back/run away from their body expecting an explosion.
                              I do the EXACT same thing, I played 2142 for a laugh and found myself backing away from every kill.

Its become such a reaction that i do it, even when i know i don't have to. :laugh:

Comment

Working...
                              X