X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: AIX dying ?

Originally posted by Deflex View Post
    Wow! Your fast bro!

I want a server topped with extra pepperoni and canadian bacon! If you can also add some pinapple mixed with a little fresh tomato sauce that would be great!
    Stop your making me hungry.....

I was on the server tonight with a few other players and it was a blast, however I do need to make a few minor adjustments.

Not sure why Sonic suggested Iowa Jima because there are quite a few aircraft and choppers in that map so I may modify it and put it on our AIX air maps server.

If anyone has a suggestion for another ground pounder map, please let me know.

Comment

There are some of those maps which have aircraft, but I slug it out on the ground.

IMO, it would be cool to run maps like Refinery without the Littlebird (I'll deny it if you quote me on this!) so that the fight could be on the ground. Iwo Jima can be a blast fighting for each CP.

Mitch, thanks for doing this. The server was busy last night and it was a blast

If you might adjust the bot ratio so that there's a ton of bots on the other side, that's be fantastic. That way it's not too easy!

It's been kinda driving me crazy that the first thing the human players do is take out the enemy main base. It shortens the game like crazy when that happens. I was yelling at them last night before I finally just changed to the "other" server. lol

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
        There are some of those maps which have aircraft, but I slug it out on the ground.

IMO, it would be cool to run maps like Refinery without the Littlebird (I'll deny it if you quote me on this!) so that the fight could be on the ground. Iwo Jima can be a blast fighting for each CP.

Mitch, thanks for doing this. The server was busy last night and it was a blast

If you might adjust the bot ratio so that there's a ton of bots on the other side, that's be fantastic. That way it's not too easy!

It's been kinda driving me crazy that the first thing the human players do is take out the enemy main base. It shortens the game like crazy when that happens. I was yelling at them last night before I finally just changed to the "other" server. lol
        I left Iwo Jima in the rotation and I am modifying it so it can be added to our AIX Air Maps server with the increased vehicle spawns. I also added the Refinery map to the rotation just so I could own some bot's with the Littlebird.....

As you requested I changed the bot ration so that one team has 10 more bots than the other. I also increased their AI level to 75 and I increased the ticket count by 100 so the maps will run longer.

Next time you’re on let me know what you think. Also, by the way, your welcome.....

Comment

I love Iwo Jima!

I'll have to try this new server out sometime Mitch... Thx for creating it!

Comment

Oh, sexxy, sexxy goodness is happening at CKW! Thanks a bunch Mitch! You rock :thrasher:!!!

But, I'm sad because I'm in the middle of moving and "they" didn't get my Internet installed before the weekend. :tantrum:

Sigh. I'm going to hang out at the old place with my laptop to get some gaming in...

Comment

Originally posted by Deflex View Post
              I love Iwo Jima!

I'll have to try this new server out sometime Mitch... Thx for creating it!

Originally posted by SonicPixel
              Oh, sexxy, sexxy goodness is happening at CKW! Thanks a bunch Mitch! You rock :thrasher:!!!

But, I'm sad because I'm in the middle of moving and "they" didn't get my Internet installed before the weekend. :tantrum:

Sigh. I'm going to hang out at the old place with my laptop to get some gaming in...

Your welcome....

I won't be on tonight, however I should have some time Saturday or Sunday to play for a bit.

Good luck with the move Sonic, I hope they get your internet installed soon.

Comment

Mr. Sonic sent me a PM with some additional map suggestions for the AIX Ground Map's server we are hosting. I added the maps he suggested to the ground maps server and have included a complete list of all the maps in the rotation below

Since I have not played all of the maps listed, if you think any of them should be moved to the air maps server, please let me know.

I also removed the Iowa Jima map and will be adding it to our AIX Air Maps server once I am done modifying a few server side items for it

Sonic also suggested a map called Red Dawn from BFSP for our air maps server, if someone can provide me with a download link for this map, I will add it to the server.

If you play AIX please stop by either server and let us know what you think....

[CKW] AIX Ground Map's Server Rotation IP: 72.37.228.44:16567
                The Push
                AIX Refinery
                Karkand Stormfront
                Processing Plant
                Eagles Nest
                Operation Fox
                Iron Thunder
                Battle of Kirkuk Oilfields
                Husky
                Invasion of the Philippines
                Iron Thunder
                Operation Fox
                * All maps are set to 64- size

Comment

If anyone else has any suggestions, please share. You can find me on one of these CKW servers any night of the week. Let's squad up and do some ground-pounding, soldiers!

:salute:

Comment

AIX is not dying we are in there nightly on our server. 69.65.11.219 We are sick of the BF2 stock but have to keep the two ranked servers up for the clan. We have 35 or so who still go for the ranks , but we also have about 50 of us who love aix. Hoping to have AIX abr ranked soon.

Comment

Sonic also suggested a map called Red Dawn
                      red dawn is included in one of headhunter's aix map packs - not sure which one, there were three - but it is VERY full-on; a bit too much for my taste. i think there's probably upwards of 15 aircraft in the air at any given time, i would rather wimp out and settle for 10 or less. some players love it though.

aix dying? i can assure you we're all still (cough) very much (splutter) alive... (wheeze)

Comment

Originally posted by clivewil View Post
                        red dawn is included in one of headhunter's aix map packs - not sure which one, there were three - but it is VERY full-on; a bit too much for my taste. i think there's probably upwards of 15 aircraft in the air at any given time, i would rather wimp out and settle for 10 or less. some players love it though.

aix dying? i can assure you we're all still (cough) very much (splutter) alive... (wheeze)

You know I added the Red Dawn map to the rotation because it sounded pretty cool the way Sonic described it but the first time it loaded we got booted from the server and some even CTD so I took it out for now.

No sure what the problem is, only that there is one. I can tweak certain things to customize the maps for our server without affecting the client side but I am by no means a modder so the Red Dawn map issue may require someone with much more talent than I have to figure out the problem.

If anyone has any suggestions, please do not hesitate to share them with me...

Originally posted by jtellup View Post
                        AIX is not dying we are in there nightly on our server. 69.65.11.219 We are sick of the BF2 stock but have to keep the two ranked servers up for the clan. We have 35 or so who still go for the ranks , but we also have about 50 of us who love aix. Hoping to have AIX abr ranked soon.
                        We have the 2- AIX bot servers up because there never seems to be enough live players on a server at any given time to get a decent game going.

The way I figure it is at least with the bots you can still have fun playing the mod and if other live players wish to join, all the better.

I will have to stop by and check out your server when I can get some time to actually play.

Also, I noticed in your profile that you are 53, how come it's only us older folks that can appreciate playing this mod....

Comment

I'm sorry to hear the Red Dawn map didn't work out. I play it in AI-X Single Player all the time and was thinking it would be fun to actually fly against humans on that map.

Oh, well. There's enough Battlefield goodness going on without one little map!

That's a good observation that there are a lot of us who are older who really like the AI-X mod a lot. I wonder why that is?

I know that flying around providing air support is relaxing in this game. If I want to crank-up the action, I take it down to the ground or go completely Rambo in the Notar Littlebird!

Shoot, I'm ready to head home for some fraggin, but the day isn't even half over! Argh!!!

EDIT: Janitor, I might have directed you to the wrong Red Dawn map! Did you use the one from the BFSP page I sent you to? If so, that's why the crash. You need to use the version from AIX Map Pack 3.... I'm sorry for the confusion.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear the Red Dawn map didn't work out. I play it in AI-X Single Player all the time and was thinking it would be fun to actually fly against humans on that map.

Oh, well. There's enough Battlefield goodness going on without one little map!

That's a good observation that there are a lot of us who are older who really like the AI-X mod a lot. I wonder why that is?

I know that flying around providing air support is relaxing in this game. If I want to crank-up the action, I take it down to the ground or go completely Rambo in the Notar Littlebird!

Shoot, I'm ready to head home for some fraggin, but the day isn't even half over! Argh!!!

EDIT: Janitor, I might have directed you to the wrong Red Dawn map! Did you use the one from the BFSP page I sent you to? If so, that's why the crash. You need to use the version from AIX Map Pack 3.... I'm sorry for the confusion.

That would explain it, I will try adding the one from the AIX map pack as soon as I get some

Comment

Argh, I hate giving bogus advice! :wall:

Comment

Argh, I hate giving bogus advice! :wall:
                                No big deal, I am just happy that folks are showing an interest.

I just installed the Red Dawn map from map pack 3 and there are a few folks on playing it so it must be fine.

I still have to modify this map like the other on the server but I should have that done later tonight..

Comment

Working...
                                X