COD4 vs BF2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COD4 vs BF2

is COD4 pc multiplayer the same as BF2 as in ranks and badges or no? dont own it however i love BF games and was wondering if it was setup in the same perspective as the BF games

Call of Duty 4 is alot faster than the Battlefield series. No vehicles and no squads but constant action and also alot of stealthy sniper play... There are ranks 1 - 55, you gain ranks alot faster than Battlefield 2. There's no badges but there's "challanges" such as "throw back an enemy granade and kill the guy who throwed it in the first place" or "kill an enemy when flashed". You can attatch alot of attatchments to each weapon such as red-dot sight or silencer etc. The maps are alot smaller but not as many players on one server. Its not the same in anyway but its so great! Its a whole other game experience than bf2. Greater graphics and more actions, faster action.

Comment

This is a completely different game than BF2. BF2 is more teamwork and a little strategy. This is pure old action

And the ranking is pretty much explained above. Bad thing is the ranks are not kept server side, rather on the client's computer, so if you accidentally crash your hdd or reformat or uninstall without backing it up, you're back to square one.

Comment

is there a good site to check out the PC multiplayer ranks or Objectives

Comment

Originally posted by snakeGS View Post
          is there a good site to check out the PC multiplayer ranks or Objectives
          All explained here. http://www.depl0y.com/cod-4-mw-unlock-list
          But you cannot view your ranks online since it's kept on your computer.

Comment

well... everything is there, ingame so you dont have to worry about that... Vika09 is working on a wiki: http://roe.totalgamingnetwork.com/wi...Modern_Warfare

Comment

looks good does your rank show up above your guy as in bf, which i at times i thought was annoying, dont mean to ask dumb questions but i like to get info before i buy, i bought BF2 in 2005 while i was active duty but i didnt review it i just bought it lol

Comment

ofcourse you should find out as much about the game you can before you buy it. The ranks do show up above the players, you dont think of it that much though.

Thats how it looks... =)

Comment

looks good to me after xmas ill have to buy it wife told me im done buying lol

Comment

hahha well see ya on the battlefield!:salute:

Comment

one last thing i didnt see on that site how many XP you need to promote

Comment

I dont know the exact amount but for the first rank its like 30 or so, 10xp per kill. And then when you get up in the higher ranks like 40 or 50 its like 4k per rank.... I think, ur having to much fun to notice!

Comment

Originally posted by snakeGS View Post
                          looks good to me after xmas ill have to buy it wife told me im done buying lol
                          She's still got time to get it FOR you, for Christmas.

Comment

looks like ur right lol or maybe she wont know she got it for me and under the tree it says to me from her lol

Comment

Originally posted by snakeGS
                              one last thing i didnt see on that site how many XP you need to promote

It really doesn't take that long.

Comment

Working...
                              X