Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant play my COD4 Christmas Present HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant play my COD4 Christmas Present HELP!!!!

I put it in and the install stops at "C:\... \main\iw_00.iwd" for a bit then brings a message up saying I should see if that file is there or see if I have rights to it. It is there and I have rights. Then it gives me Error 1305 "Error reading from file D:\setup\data\mainiw_00.iwd Verify that the file exists and that you can access". I then hit Cancel and get an "Error - 1603 Fatal error during installation Consult Windows installer help (Msi.chm)or MSDN for more information"
    All I've seen is the first picture I want to play

You have a corrupt disc. Take it back to the shop where you purchased it and exchange it. Exactly the same thing happened to me.

Comment

It's not Christmas. You can't install it until December 25th.

Comment

lol

Comment

Originally posted by chucknerd View Post
          I put it in and the install stops at "C:\... \main\iw_00.iwd" for a bit then brings a message up saying I should see if that file is there or see if I have rights to it. It is there and I have rights. Then it gives me Error 1305 "Error reading from file D:\setup\data\mainiw_00.iwd Verify that the file exists and that you can access". I then hit Cancel and get an "Error - 1603 Fatal error during installation Consult Windows installer help (Msi.chm)or MSDN for more information"
          All I've seen is the first picture I want to play
          If you're using Vista, be sure you're running in Administrator mode, so that there are no permissions that are blocking you.

If you are sure about that, you can also try to copy the entire contents of the game DVD to somewhere on your hard-drive. Once there, you can run the setup.exe program and see if it works. Sometimes this method will work if there is a problem with the disc or the DVD drive.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
          X