The Confusion of War: Alpha Company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Confusion of War: Alpha Company

It was the morning of December 20th 2007, 4 more days until christmas. our division was ordered to headout into the desert of highway tampa. all we saw was fog from the sandstorms. No gunshots, not even when our blackhawk landed on top of the gas station building. Our squad leader ordered us to set up a perimeter. I was the support gunner of our squad.we set up Anti-Tank mines and claymore everywhere. and our bazooka man on top of the roof waiting to blow something up. noone was on radio either. it felt like our squad was the only one in the desert and our other division blackhawks just dissappeared into thin air. we couldn't see anything in the sky because of the sand fog.

Sometimes our Squad Leader would tell us to go out in the open for a little while and see if there is anyone there while our Squad leader would try and signal the commander for orders. No Response. for 15 minutes we did the same thing, go out in the open and come back to guard. We couldn't retreat back to base either because there were no aircraft vehicles near us,and a pliot took off with our blackhawk to pick up any lost soldiers in the middle of the desert, or pinned down soldiers. Our squad leader tried to contact the commander again, to ask if we can go out to a different area. No response. I was ordered to keep a lookout on the perimeter,and found a CD player lying around, I first checked around for any wires or claymores, I put on Pantera-10s. I thought it went pretty good for the situation we're in right now.

we were all hanging out near the gas pump in the station. Complaining and yelling out "where the Hell are you guys!!" Someone asked our SQDLDR why we can't just get in a vehicle and drive to a hot zone. the leader denied, it was our order too sit around and wait for something to happen. 1 minute later on the hill near the gas pumps, artillery fire started going off. We weren't sure where it was coming from, but it either had to be from the enemy, or a stupid commander. after 8 shells went off, it was silent again. about 4 seconds later we started hearing echoes from a fire fight. We checked our maps, and the enemy had taken 2 of our flagged bases.
    Finally our commander ordered us to plant ourselves around the gas station. We saw 2 enemy tanks coming our way from behind the gas station. and we had our bazooka man on the roof. The men were miraculously shooting and i ran to a tank in the station and started firing. i was taking heavy damage so i retreated in a box beside the station. We had men from other staions in the desert, coming to the gas station and helping us out. i went on the roof with the bazooka man and an enemy soldier appeared on a hill. he was about to kill the bazooka man but i shot him 3 times and he dropped falling backwards. enemy infantry was also coming from checkpoint west and it felt like we were surrounded. the only thing that was keeping us alive was our soldiers in the tanks firing at everything they see but us. we started throwing grenades at anything that looked like it had dark clothing on the sand. i turned around and thhere was an enemy soldier coming straight towards me with a knife. I shot him on the head, and his medics were trying to go near him but i kept rying to fire at them to get them scared. I ran really ast out of that area and by the time enemy medics were trying to heal him, he was already dead and unrevivable. i came back and shot both medics and started throwing grenades on the roof to check for enemy. I was out on the hills and saw one of my squad members lying on the ground asking for a medic, but then just died instantly. I checked his kit and it was the bazooka man. i wanted to kill more enemy soldiers. but first i look at them, they're alive, and then i blink, and theyre on the ground, dead. same thing happened when i was following a few soldiers, not from my squad, but i blink and some of them were already lying on the ground. i found my squad leader, and he told me to hop on the 50 .cal while he drives. we saw more helicopters landing on the roof, i think they were reinforcements. i was shooting at enemy jeeps and enemy soldiers. i wonder why i never killed any of them. we stopped at a tower, and our commander told us to retreat back to base. We went back to the gas station to heal anyone that was wounded, but artillery fire started going off and we saw one of our squad members trying to hide for cover until he blew up. we saw about 9 corpses flying around from the explosions. there were no survivors.

our vehicle and 2 other vehicles were retreating back to base. we saw one of our squad member in a different vehicle heading back as well. we went there with six squad members, and now came back with three. We lost the fight for highway tampa. while we got out of the vehicles and walked towards the base, soldiers were very depressed, and more than half of them never got any kills.

WELCOME TO WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:salute::salute::salute: :salute::salute::salute:

I didnt know PR had Highway Tampa!

Comment

This isnt PR, Mr. Terrorist.

Nice Story! Lacked some organization, but good! Sounds a bit like my writing style in "Pilot Down!". Shame it had to be locked.

Comment

Too long, didn't read

Can we get a summary?

Comment

nice tale

Comment

Working...
          X