This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MG on downpour (TDM)

On the other topic I posted a screenshot of a 41 kill streak on downpour and I got a good few kills of it with the MG. Other people pointed out to me how lame they think it is.

I'm not narrowminded and feel offended when someone says that I use a lame weapon, so after the Martyrdom and Last Stand, here's the 'MG on downpour' topic.

With that MG you can pretty much take care of the whole left side on your own. Maybe have one or two guys sit in the house in case an enemy sneaks past, but that's it. A few people can hold the left side of the map.

Now there's two ways to look at it.

1) The map evolves around the MG, so the enemy team should try to capture it to have the advantage.
    Counter argument would be that the Spetsnaz always start at the MG side which could be considered unfair.
    2) The MG is lame and should be changed.

I tend to go with 2, because the right side is very easy to defend and when the Spetsnaz team is good, the SAS will never get close to the MG. I've never seen the SAS team win without capturing the MG, because the disadvantage is too big.

Please put down your opinion, backed up with arguments, keep it on topic and no flaming

The SAS have a MG too......

You can simply counter the MG by sniping it and go for the headshot. If you would be smart enough, you wouldn't go into his line of fire and flank him.

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post

You can simply counter the MG by sniping it and go for the headshot. If you would be smart enough, you wouldn't go into his line of fire and flank him.
      being stealthy on that map pays off so much, for that exact reason

plus the marines will never win that map as they aren't on it

Comment

Marines changed to SAS

I didn't think the SAS MG was worth mentioning, because it's so useless compared to the Spetsnaz MG. I was about to add it though, so that nobody would aks which MG I mean

Flanking is what I told them to do too, but the question is if that's possible with even teams. You can't flank on the left, the MG guy will shoot the living crap out of you.
        On the right you have to either crouch through the hole in the wall or go through the narrow passage, which I think is both easy to defend against.

Comment

I understand totally... case in point, a sabotage match last night.

Its nearly impossible to get the bomb past that MG. Try to go through the building on the right? Nope, he spams the crap out of it, A few tries at sniping him... thats damn hard, because hes actually pretty good... Try to go around the left, where the whole in the wall is? Nope, his whole team is over there.

Its really only that bad on sabotage, possibly S&D, but its ok for everything else. I never use the MGs anyway.

Comment

Yeah try not to run into the line of fire..

Comment

SAS if they use theyre smoke can flank left and push together.

I use my sneaky kit a lot on downpour.... smoke ahead then sprint and crawl forward to get behind lines of defense.

If the team has a bit of savvy, sneaking round is a possability.

But your right MrD the Spetz MG can be used to greta effect, while the SAS one with the brick wall blocking effective blind covering fire is at a disadvantage.

Good topic mate

Comment

As SAS you can use the sniper (or something like G3 with acog), go prone directly in front of the MG but through the spot where you can take a shot on him through the house's window and doorway, I'm sure you know the spot. Anyway if he's sitting on the MG he can't spot you immediately but all you need to do is lean and take 1-2 shots as you exactly know where he is.

Comment

Does Deep Impact (The bullet penetration thing) work with the MG's, cause if so then the SAS MG would become V useful.

Comment

i have once ran through mg fire but was knifed by a sniper =/

Comment

Oh how I hate downpour. I think the only times I've played that map have been TDM, so the MG actually is less of a problem. I've found with a couple teammates, unless the entire team is sitting on that one side, it's pretty easy to flank them. Want to plug that hole in the wall? Use claymores and just put another one down after each kill. I got quite a few kills that way!

Comment

I play a lot of S&D, and from what I can say, the MG is pretty underused. Mostly because of

A) Smoke
                        B) Camping out of MGs LOF
                        C) Sniping

Sniping, along with grenade spam makes the MG a very underused weapon, I havent been killed by it once.

Comment

i find it very easy to take them out personally, a simple distraction and a pop in the head

Comment

Originally posted by Toxic_Wolf View Post

Very easy to pick off those MG's on that map, a good tactic if your team is pinned.

Also, Sneaky is the key..UAV + Dead Silence is needed for that map!!

Comment

Just RPG them from across the map...problem solved.

Comment

Working...
                              X