Experiences with Direct2Drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with Direct2Drive?

I am considering getting COD4 since it is the only new shooter that looks interesting.
    But good old Activision has declared Europe a Special Prize Zone, so the steam version will cost me $70 plus VAT = $88. Thats a bit much considering I can have an online store mail it to me for $65.

Direct2Drive on the other hand seems to suffer from the delusion that I live in the US, and is willing to sell it to me for $50, no VAT.

But I have very limited experience with Direct2Drive and worry a bit about support, reinstallations, patches, mods etc. Does anyone have experiences, good or bad, with them?

steam = smooth

lose the game, reinstall it again cause its locked ti your account. online support and looks for updates everytime.

my experience has been flawless

Comment

Steam has a good reputation, but not one I am willing to pay 75% extra for.

Comment

steam & direct2drive the same just different companies

Comment

D2D did have problems with patching (had to wait for special D2D patches) but I dunno if that still exists.

Retail is the way to go

Comment

use D2D, it's very good and fast. :nod:

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Direct2Drive refused to sell COD4 to Europeans, so that is probably why they had the low price.

I endend up buying COD4 over steam with the current 10% discount.
              Still more expensive than retail, but that's the price I pay for not wanting to wait a week or more.

Comment

Yeah, what the hell is up with Activisions pricing towards Europe?

Comment

Working...
                X