• Show
Clear All

• Building a Cod 4 PC

Ok im building a new computer that will run vista. Im getting a

core 2 duo
    ram 2gb
    geforce 8600GT 512mb
    160 gb hard drive.

Do you guys think that my pc will beable to handle cod 4 on vista? How much fps do u guys think i will get on normals or high. Im noing going to the highest rez. I dont need it to be that good on the rez.

well my friend is using the same specs as you have there listed and he runs COD4 maxed out and the game runs perfect. this game just performs so well you dont have to worry about much

Comment

Ok that makes me happy. I will most likely run it on normals to stay above 125 fps. Because imo you might not beable to see a difference from 60 fps and up but you can fell difference. I cant wait to play this on pc and get into leagues. I have a 360 and imo people suck on the stick. I waste everyone its not even funny. I cant wait to get the pc game where there are good players.

Comment

That may be fine for CoD4, but if you want to future proof the rig to be used for a couple years, I would highly advise you to get a better video card. The 8600 is woefully underpowered for the niche it is advertised for. The 8800GT and new 8800GTS's that will be coming out soon will keep you in DX10 shininess for much much longer.

Comment

I will upgrade in about a year. The only new games im going to be playing is cod 4 and brothers in arms hells highway and shadowrun. I will upgrade but im going to wait about a year then buy the best video card thats out at that time.

Comment

Moving to support

Comment

I suggest this:

Core 2 Duo E6600 or 6400 - depending on $$$
              2 GB RAM - Thats fine for CoD4 + other games
              8600GT - Thats fine as well, Good reviews on that for the money
              Hard Drive - Thats good too, if you download alot maybe add a second drive or more space.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Heydude,

Take alook at my sig, pretty much the exact same specs your looking into. Except the graphics card.

I run everything maxed out on COD4 and every other game out today execpt of course Crysis.

I originally was looking into the 8600, but based on performance reviews I found, the x1950 was way better and for only $10 more.

I would only suggest you go for the x1950Pro. I'm getting between 70-96 fps in COD4.

Anyways, the specs you are looking at look good. Should last you a few years.

Comment

Ewww ATI lol I will most likely keep the graphic settings on normal to keep good fps because i will be on vista and i dont have the best video card.

Comment

I think you'll be good with what you've already spec'd.

An 8600GTS would be a better bet, even with only 256mb.

Comment

Working...
                    X