Joint Operations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Operations

Anyone remember this game? It had some awesome features that few other games have implemented (underwater knife fights, huge maps, longer medic timer but also longer respawn, day night cycle, 100+ player servers etc.). It's pretty outdated now and taken over by hackers I've heard due to lack of punkbuster updates, but in it's day it was a great and innovative game, almost to the level of COD and BF, but not quite.

It was, but it lagged too bloddy much on my PC so I couldn`t enjoy it.
    I do remember spying on enemy forced with my binos, then using the distance I got from it I started bombing them with 203s and mortals.

Was fun as hell.

Comment

Oh yeah I remember now, nothing quite like seeing some of those mortars come in, unlike in BF2, where you can assume its aimed right at you, it is best to just drop where you are and take cover behind something.

Comment

I used to love playing the missions on that over Lan with my friends, it was awesome

BF can learn a few things from it definately,

I can remember just marching towards some distant spot miles away coming over a hill onto an airstrip then shooting the place up, was a brilliant game tbh, still got my copy around here I think

Comment

yeh was my first online game, played the hell out of it

mostly played the escalation exp pack, got to 250th in the world rankings for it, top 50 for HS (ok enough e-penis waving)

but i loved the diversity of it, also the weapon mechanics were / are still rather unique, the ability to accuratly run and gun

plus i think they had sniping right on that, Sway + elevation + the open maps made for some challenging shots

Comment

Working...
          X